Thread: Resawing

Resawing

Well got the new bandsaw out and did some resawing this afternoon. I got a log of walnut about 24" high and 18" in diameter. I used the chain saw to get it down to where I could handle it about 12" X 18". When I did the first cut it was checked pretty bad so I cut off the ends and ended up with a 12" X 12" chuck. I went ahead and cut it then. It turned out pretty nice. I can see a lot of veneer for boxes so all is not lost. I still have a 5' X 11" log of walnut to cut so hoping I can get enough from it to make a box. I also got a piece of Locust from the neighbor to see what it looked like. I ask him if I could pay him for a couple of logs and he said no just take a couple of good ones. Anyway here is how it turned out. By the way I was more than pleased with how the DC worked with the BS. It did very well. Hope everyone had a good holiday. I ate to much. By the way the first two are walnut and the second two are locust. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Great stuff there Bernie, walnut makes such a cool looking box! Anxius to see how that locust works when you start to work it. It would be great to have a nice Griz bandsaw like that!

Corey