Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Great price on a quality Fein Cordless drill

Thanks, Mark! I just ordered one.

BTW, I couldn't get your link to work, but was able to 'drill down' to it (pun intended) from the Coastal Tools homepage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim DeLaney
    Thanks, Mark! I just ordered one.

BTW, I couldn't get your link to work, but was able to 'drill down' to it (pun intended) from the Coastal Tools homepage.
    Thanks Jim, I unscreed yhe old link and drilled in the new one
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Nice Deal. Too bad I already have 4 drills. The guys at Coastal are great to deal with and they are very reputable. Their prices are excellent and they do stand behind what they sell.
    Rich

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
    - General George Patton Jr

I'm new to this forum and think it is great, but you guys are costing me a lot of money!

I need a new battery for my trusty old Maktia - about $30 bucks. I can have a new Fein with 2 batteries for about 3 times that - how can I not buy it?

Not to discount the Fein but those of you in the market for a battery drill might look at the Bosch also. I have the 14 volt and its got tons of power and is easily handled.

This link is for the 12 volt. Can't beat the price

http://s1.amazon.com/exec/varzea/ts/...593347-2456811

Kent

Guys,

I saw Mark's original post, needed a cordless, and quickly pulled the trigger. (: It came yesterday, and like Mark noted, it is great! One of the features I really like is that as you spin up the chuck to tighten the bit, it starts to click. Then, release the trigger, and just turn/click by hand till it is very tight. Great feature. SHould eliminate the rub burns I get from my other keyless chucks. Plenty of juice as well. Just a well made tool, albeit from China.

So, I went back today, and now the price is $99. I bought a second, this time as a gift. I think my step son will love it. This is still a great price.
    Alan Turner
    Philadelphia Furniture Workshop

Mine came today. Great drill, at a great price. Regardless of actual country of origin, this seems to be a very solidly built drill.

Mine is replacing a five or six year old PC drill hat's been a pretty good workhorse, but is now suffering from battery 'wear-out.' Cost of two new batteries for the PC far exceeds the cost of the Fein drill & kit. Even two battery rebuilds would end up being about the same cost as the Fein kit.

If the drill lives up to the reputation and performance of Fein's MultiMaster and their vacuums - both of which I already have, - this one will definitely be a 'keeper.'

Looks like a Fein and fine Christmas for me too! In the last 2 weeks I got the MultimasterXL, 14.4 drill, and the Fein MiniTurbo vac. I'm loving my weekly visits to Coastal Tool. So far, I'm really impressed with the quality of Fein tools, and the price and selection of Coastal.

Now to hide all that Fein box cardboard in the recycling bin before my wife sees them.

Bob

Thumbs up

Just got mine. Look like a good drill for the money. I also noticed that Coastal went up to 99.00. I did find another company that still has them for 85.00. I ordered one for my brother for christmas.

http://www.waltertool.com/specials.html
    "Create a Vision...then make it a reality" (Some Assembly Required)

Mike Palmer

Hi all:
    I've been lurking for some time now, but thought I'd share this tidbit. I got in on the Fein Drill deal at Coastal for $99 earlier this week. But, when saw Mike's post about the drill being $85 at WalterTool I forwarded the link to Coastal and asked if they'd match the deal.

EDIT: I just got this response from Coastal:
    <DIV class="mb cbl cbr">"Aaron

I need a favor. We are moving the price back to 85.00. Competition is a great thing isn't it. Can you post to sawmillcreek that price is back to 85.00 and that if anyone who ordered at 99.00 wants a credit to email me? I would greatly appreciate it.<SCRIPT><!--D(["mb","- Show quoted text -
    <span class\u003de id\u003dq_108104f14f65bb97_1>
    \n
    \n&#160;
    \nTodd
    \n
    \nAt 06:21 AM 12/9/05 -0500, you wrote:
    \n<blockquote type\u003d\"cite\">I was just looking around and found that\nWalter Tool has this drill for $85.00.&#160; Will you match the price?&#160; Here\'s\na link to the sale:\nhttp://www.waltertool.com<WBR>/specials.html
    \n
    \nThanks
    \nAaron
    \n
    \nOn 12/7/05, todd\n<sales@coastaltool.com>\nwrote:<blockquote>\n<dl>\n<dd>Reply-to:\n<sales@coastaltool.com>
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \n\n<dd>Thank you for your order!&#160;&#160;This letter is your electronic receipt. \n<dd>You will receive a printed invoice with your order. \n<dd>We do not charge your credit card until the day we actually ship the\norder.
    \n
    \n\n<dd>Order Information: \n<dd>Order #mdcj5476 \n<dd>Received at Wed Dec&#160;&#160;7 14:33:25 2005
    \n
    \n\n<dd>Shipping Address: \n<dd>Aaron Frank
    \n
    \n\n<dd>1124 Palmer Place
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \n\n<dd>Alexandria, VA 22304
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \n\n<dd>Phone: 703-370-8224 \n<dd>E-mail address:\naaronfrank@gmail.com
    \n
    \n\n<dd>Billing Address (if different): \n<dd>Aaron D Frank
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \n\n<dd>,&#160;&#160; US
    \n
    \n\n<dd>Your ordered the following items: \n<dd>FEINABS14-NICD&#160;&#160;14.4V NICAD DRILL KIT&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160 ;&#160;&#160; 1&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;& #160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160; $\n99.00&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160; &#160; $ 99.00
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \n\n<dd>SubTotal&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#16 0;&#160;&#160;$ 99.00 \n<dd>Shipping:&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160 ; $ 7.50 \n<dd>TotalTax:&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160 ; $ 0.00 \n<dd>FinalTot:&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160 ; $ 106.50
    \n
    \n\n<dd>ground
    \n
    \n\n<dd>If this order is shipping outside of the United States, the amount\ncharged to the credit card does not include any tax or duty. \n<dd>These taxes are paid at time of delivery. \n",1]);//--></SCRIPT> "

Send your requests to Todd at: sales@coastal tool.com

Great Service!! Great deal!!

Cheers
    Last edited by Aaron Frank; 12-09-2005 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Frank
    EDIT: I just got this response from Coastal:

"Aaron

I need a favor. We are moving the price back to 85.00. Competition is a great thing isn't it. Can you post to sawmillcreek that price is back to 85.00 and that if anyone who ordered at 99.00 wants a credit to email me? I would greatly appreciate it.<SCRIPT><!--D(["mb","- Show quoted text -
    <span class\u003de id\u003dq_108104f14f65bb97_1>
    \n
    \n*
    \nTodd
    \n
    \nAt 06:21 AM 12/9/05 -0500, you wrote:
    \n<blockquote type\u003d\"cite\">I was just looking around and found that\nWalter Tool has this drill for $85.00.* Will you match the price?* Here\'s\na link to the sale:\nhttp://www.waltertool.com<WBR>/specials.html
    \n
    \nThanks
    \nAaron
    \n
    \nOn 12/7/05, todd\n<sales@coastaltool.com>\nwrote:<blockquote>\n<dl>\n<dd>Reply-to:\n<sales@coastaltool.com>
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \n\n<dd>Thank you for your order!**This letter is your electronic receipt. \n<dd>You will receive a printed invoice with your order. \n<dd>We do not charge your credit card until the day we actually ship the\norder.
    \n
    \n\n<dd>Order Information: \n<dd>Order #mdcj5476 \n<dd>Received at Wed Dec**7 14:33:25 2005
    \n
    \n\n<dd>Shipping Address: \n<dd>Aaron Frank
    \n
    \n\n<dd>1124 Palmer Place
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \n\n<dd>Alexandria, VA 22304
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \n\n<dd>Phone: 703-370-8224 \n<dd>E-mail address:\naaronfrank@gmail.com
    \n
    \n\n<dd>Billing Address (if different): \n<dd>Aaron D Frank
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \n\n<dd>,** US
    \n
    \n\n<dd>Your ordered the following items: \n<dd>FEINABS14-NICD**14.4V NICAD DRILL KIT********** 1************** $\n99.00******** $ 99.00
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \n\n<dd>SubTotal********$ 99.00 \n<dd>Shipping:****** $ 7.50 \n<dd>TotalTax:****** $ 0.00 \n<dd>FinalTot:****** $ 106.50
    \n
    \n\n<dd>ground
    \n
    \n\n<dd>If this order is shipping outside of the United States, the amount\ncharged to the credit card does not include any tax or duty. \n<dd>These taxes are paid at time of delivery. \n",1]);//--></SCRIPT> "

Send your requests to Todd at: sales@coastal tool.com
    Wow! Aaron, Thanks for the heads up I just sent Todd at Coastal your message and I got a positive response 5 minutes later. I will have to keep Coastal on my radar for more tools - good customer service.

Mark, need to give you a thanks as well. I have been looking for an inexpensive but good quality cordless drill for a while.
    Last edited by Corvin Alstot; 12-12-2005 at 8:38 PM.

Received Fein cordless drill 2 days ago.

Weight and balance will take getting use to for me, but appears to be good quality and powerful.

Read Alan Turner's comments in this thread about chuck - thought I had a problem!

Good buy - Good drill.
    Last edited by Larry James; 12-11-2005 at 11:36 AM.

Moderators aren't ALL bad!?!

[QUOTE=Mark Singer]A great deal on a 14.4 Volt torquey well balance drill in nice case with 2 batteries...I got one for Ryan too! $85!!!

Mark,
    Thanks! I was down at the daughter and SIL's place over the weekend installing MY version of a fire place mantle system. Don't laugh but I will post a couple of pics on a later post. Anyway, on Saturday, my trusty Bosch 14.4 v quit working.

For you MEAN wiseguys on the Forum: YES - I DID have a battery in it! YES - the battery WAS charged as was the SECOND one that I tried! NO - the forward/reverse setting was NOT in neutral! NO - The Hi/Lo speed setting was NOT in neutral! Neither worked! YES - I DID remember to pull the trigger! NO - the motor did not have a smoke leak! If that would have happened, I would have seen or smelled it and stuffed the smoke back in and sealed the leak with some duct tape! I'm NOT stupid?!

Anyway, Mark, I checked the Creek that very night and saw your Friday post.

That was a fein Fein feind! I ordered one of those fein Fein tools immediately! When it arrives, I can join the lein of the RICH AND FAMOUS who own fein Fein tools. I think that I will post a sein over my new fein Fein drill. I will then reclein with a fein dinner and a large stein of fein wein from the fruit of the vein. I will have a fein Fein teim!!

Thanks again! I just hope that FEIN is pronounced with a silent "e" and a long "i"! If not, I will sound even more stupid than I normally do!

Dale T.
    I am so busy REMAKING my projects that I don't have time to make them the FIRST time!

is the grinding sound normal?

I just got mine and was wondering if it's normal to hear a grinding/clicking sound when you come off the trigger. I only hear it on the higher speed. It sounds like the brake kicking in, but it doesn't sound or feel smooth. Wondering if I should give Coastal a call.

[quote=Dale Thompson]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Singer
    A great deal on a 14.4 Volt torquey well balance drill in nice case with 2 batteries...I got one for Ryan too! $85!!!

Mark,
    Thanks! I was down at the daughter and SIL's place over the weekend installing MY version of a fire place mantle system. Don't laugh but I will post a couple of pics on a later post. Anyway, on Saturday, my trusty Bosch 14.4 v quit working.

For you MEAN wiseguys on the Forum: YES - I DID have a battery in it! YES - the battery WAS charged as was the SECOND one that I tried! NO - the forward/reverse setting was NOT in neutral! NO - The Hi/Lo speed setting was NOT in neutral! Neither worked! YES - I DID remember to pull the trigger! NO - the motor did not have a smoke leak! If that would have happened, I would have seen or smelled it and stuffed the smoke back in and sealed the leak with some duct tape! I'm NOT stupid?!

Anyway, Mark, I checked the Creek that very night and saw your Friday post.

That was a fein Fein feind! I ordered one of those fein Fein tools immediately! When it arrives, I can join the lein of the RICH AND FAMOUS who own fein Fein tools. I think that I will post a sein over my new fein Fein drill. I will then reclein with a fein dinner and a large stein of fein wein from the fruit of the vein. I will have a fein Fein teim!!

Thanks again! I just hope that FEIN is pronounced with a silent "e" and a long "i"! If not, I will sound even more stupid than I normally do!

Dale T.
    Glad to see your having a fein time..some times you whine if thats your line let your line shine...its not mine cause were not the same sign....bine the time I get to Phoneix she will be risin' she will proably seen the note on the door....thanking her for such a fein drill
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"