Thread: Hitachi Drill Press

Hitachi Drill Press

Several months ago there were a couple of posts about the Hitachi DP, available at Lowes. At the time, these were recent purchases it seems. How do you like it after a few months? $199 for a 15" DP seems pretty good if it has held up and been accurate. How does the laser work? Anyone have any bad experiences with this DP.
    I'm planning to upgrade my 12" benchtop to a floor model to save space. This has 3" travel and goes down to 250 rpm. Seems like a pretty good deal.

Bumping this up because I am also interested in the Hitachi DP. Any feedback???

Hitachi DP

I went to Lowes this morning to check it out. I also have a 12" bench top that I would like to replace with a bigger DP. The Hitachi would satisfy that and also be a space saver. The Hitachi has 10 speeds and a X/ Y laser.

Last edited by George Summers; 12-04-2005 at 6:01 PM.

i just got one but haven't had the chance to try it out sitting next to the x-mas tree with a bow on it. i did get to put it together seam really nice but copared to the harbour freight 12 bench top anything would. i am interested in hearing from those that have had them for a while though.

George,
    I had done a search before I posted. I was hoping one of those guys would chime in on how he likes it after several months. I think both were pretty new purchases at the time.

Mark

I've had mine for a month. No problems. Laser is ok. Also has a work light that is very helpful. The motor seems strong and I have no problems. If I were using a machine long hrs and doing heavy work I would probably spend more. I like mine and have no problem reccommending this machine to any home workshop user.

Jim