Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2006 Contributions

2006 Contributions

2006 Contributions
    <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--><o></o>
    As many recall, we had a little fund drive back a bit. I got involved because I was upset with myself for sitting on my hindquarters too long until there was an emergency. Those of you who read my posts back then may recall that I said I would be reminding folks when it came time to think about yearly operating costs. That time is approaching.
    Our yearly operating costs will be in the neighborhood of $1,300 to $1,400. We had just over 250 Creekers respond to the emergency fundraiser. If we set our goal at $1,500 for the year, and we have 250 Creekers contribute, we would have to contribute $6 each. This should easily cover the yearly operating costs. Because of the great response we had with the emergency fundraiser, there is no need to contribute extra. We have plenty in the coffers for special projects and emergencies. Also, I can guarantee there will be more than 250 respond, so we will probably add a bit to the special funds account. By the way, $6 is 50 cents a month.
    I think this is important so that we never get in the situation we had when it looked like the site may close. We can insure the future of this site with a very small contribution if we all take part. I’ve PM’d Keith and we have a little different attitude towards a fundraiser. I (the fun loving guy who is looking for a way to combat cabin fever) would like a little “event.” Keith (who is much too hard working – notice he hasn’t gone out on the town yet [how’s that for a nudge John M.]) thinks we ought to just let it trickle in. He says we’re getting 2 – 5 contributions a week now. Well, it’s my thread and the last PM from Keith said do what I think is best. He doesn’t know what he’s in for.
    Keith and I both agreed we shouldn’t be doing a fundraiser during Christmas. Then we all have to regroup after Christmas and New Year’s. So, here’s the plan. On February 1<sup>st</sup>, at 1 second after midnight of January 31<sup>st</sup>, I’m going to contribute my $6. Then I’m going to start a thread saying I did (2006 Contributions, NOW!!!). The goal will be to get 250 contributions of $6 in the shortest amount of time and to be one of the first 250 contributors. (The first 250 will get the prize of bragging rights, or maybe we can get Andy to turn 250 Ittsy Bittsy trophies with all that wood he just got) When you contribute, whether it be with the donate button, PayPal, snail-mail, or any other way, post to that thread that you did. That way, all we have to do is look at the number of posts, and we’ll know approximately how much money was contributed. I say approximately because many of you can’t help yourself and will contribute more. Then, when the goal is reached, we can all sit back and toast ourselves with our favourite brew (or carrot juice in my case, eh Frank). What a way to combat cabin fever!! (Not that you in the southern climes know what I’m talking about) Of course, if you want to contribute earlier, or later, or not at all, that’s fine.
    I’ll put out a couple of reminders till then.
    This is a great site, and ya’ll are great. Let’s make sure the site has a steady, stable source for funding so there are no more emergencies.
    Thanks, John
    Last edited by John Bailey; 12-06-2005 at 3:41 AM.
    John Bailey
    Sawmill Creek is a member supported forum. Click here to donate.

Well Mr. Bailey.....

You can count <b>me in.!!!</b> I will be contributing and will support your efforts.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

I'll be in again.

I already replied to John's post on the other forum..........I'm in...........

Steve....can you make a commitment for your twin.......or does Mom have to give him permission?
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald
    I already replied to John's post on the other forum..........I'm in...........

Steve....can you make a commitment for your twin.......or does Mom have to give him permission?

Yes. I'll make the commitment for Him.
    If He doesn't follow through, Mom will take it outa His hide.

Okay, okay...you know I'm in!

Sigh, Big Brother is always watching....
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

I'll be there!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Thanks for waiting until after Christmas. I am in too.
    Hello, My name is John and I am a toolaholic

Bla, bla, blaaaa...Yada, yada...Hey, what a silly question! Of course I'm in but, I will definitely appreciate a reminder come February My memory ain't so hot no more!!! (My English leaves a lot to be desired, as well! ) Now, what was it I'm agreeing to????

Hey Keith, Aaron, et all....I'm STILL WAITING!!!!!! You guys KNOW EXACTLY what I'm talking about, too!!!!

Thanks for heading this up again, John!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Would you consider changing the time frame? I have a hard enough
    time staying awake past 10 much less 12 oclock.

11. Count me in...

I did mine about two weeks ago.

Made my contribution today.

Hey John,
    Remember, I'm scheduled for surgery on the 31st. By the time you start the ball rolling I'll be busy pushing that "no pain button" However I did jump the gun and sent my share in the other day. Twas easy as saying 'paypal'
    Know we'll do well
    Ed

I've got a funny feeling by February 1st we'll already have the $1,500 and the fun will just be who gets the computer buttons pushed at the right time. You folks are great. I've tried to post this a number of times, if you've already donated, you can still try to be in the first 250. Just post after I start the thread.

John
    John Bailey
    Sawmill Creek is a member supported forum. Click here to donate.