Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Question about Jointers--Rather long

karl, here are some shots of a tersa head with a knife slid out. todMVC-001S.JPG

MVC-002S.JPG

MVC-003S.JPG

MVC-004S.JPG

Tod,
    That is the SP-1 correct? I see a air fitting there is that for the planer?
    How does the segmented infeed roller work? It must be great to feed all different sizes pieces at the same time....By the way pasta is way better than a Tersa head but the Tersa head is better then noodles, potatoes and saur brautten (sp?)

sp1- yup, air fitting was to clean off the machine prior to shooting, remember i beat my equipment. the sp1 has a solid infeed and segmented chipbreakers so it`s fed the same as yours just able to take a bigger bite. 1/4" off a 16" piece of oak doesn`t make it grunt! i don`t know about you italians??????? the only thing better than tersa is a rare ribeye and lobster tod

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans
    sp1- yup, air fitting was to clean off the machine prior to shooting, remember i beat my equipment. the sp1 has a solid infeed and segmented chipbreakers so it`s fed the same as yours just able to take a bigger bite. 1/4" off a 16" piece of oak doesn`t make it grunt! i don`t know about you italians??????? the only thing better than tersa is a rare ribeye and lobster tod
    Yea yea sure your just cleaned the machine ..... I was wondering why there was no dust on those kickback fingers. You have numeric readout on thickness correct? what HP? Is there a separate motor for both feeding and planning?

The rib eye lobster and pasta is starting to sound good! I nice Pinot....That would really add...

(funny how jointer threads can turn into Emerill threads)
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

paul, the main motor runs a four speed gearbox for the feed, there is a seperate motor to raise and lower the bed. the bed rollers are not powered and the main motor pulls 21 amps 220-3, i`m guessing somewhere around 9-10 hp? yes i have the numeric readout for thickness but in sillymeters! dain/rob/marco seems to have forgot that my `ol hillbilly brain only computes in inches. i haven`t called whining so i`ve just written the conversions on the wall, the readout is handy nonetheless. back to the topic at hand for karl, why don`t you pm him with dains number, i left my cell at home and don`t have it handy. karl, dain is a straight shooter and honest, all you can ask out of a person especially a sales person. tod

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Singer
    The rib eye lobster and pasta is starting to sound good! I nice Pinot....That would really add...

(funny how jointer threads can turn into Emerill threads)
    Yeah Mark, but I'm enjoying everything that's popping up.

I am getting hungry though. Think we'll go out for PRIME RIB tonight.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.