Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jointer Opinion: Jet versus Ridgid

Yessir...good choice. You'll get more on ebay than anywhere else and right now is a great time to list it!! Good luck and tell us how much you like the Jet!

I got the JET home, got it tuned and made a couple of passes. I must say it is a fine machine. That being said, I really can't say that it is much better than the Ridgid. Both are smooth. They have the same type of fence adjustments. They both use handwheels for table adjustment. The one thing I like about the Ridgid better is the depth gauge. It seems to be a lot more accurate, and more forgiving of bumping into. The JET is a good deal heavier, I would assume due to the construction of the base. Dust collection is great on both units. It is easier to access the motor and the belt on the JET, all you have to do is open the door. On the Ridgid, you must partially disassemble the back portion of the base.

I guess that I will keep the JET, so I have a nearly new Ridgid to sell.

Well Brian, It looks like that you are a lucky fellow. Two good units ready to go. That is a whole lot better than having only one with tables that are not parallel. If you were close to me (I do not know where you live) I might buy your extra one but on second thought I am going with a brand other than Rigid next time.

Since your Rigid is a good one I do not think that you will have trouble selling it. I would not sell mine to anyone without telling them about the tables so I am stuck with it.

Anyway thanks for the report.

Allen

I think you'd find the Jet remaining as good as it is much longer than the Ridgid....hope that holds true for ya. I think you made the right choice.