Thread: New (Old) Lathe

New (Old) Lathe

I just purchased a Delta/Rockwell 46-450 lathe. Moving up from a Delta Midi. The Midi, of course sits on a bench I have room around it for "things". Finishes, wax, tools, abrasives and so on.

The new machine will sit right where that bench used to be. I need to build some kind of way to accommodate all the assorted stuff that you want at hand for your lathe work. Directly behind the lathe is a pair of windows that look out over the old mill pond at Oak Ridge. No way will I block that view with shelving. Thinking about putting some shelving under the lathe, need some place for turning tools. I picture a roll around cabinet with a flat top, perhaps some loops to hold tools on the side and storage inside.

Anyone got pictures or ideas for dealing with this kind of issue that I may borrow on?

Mac, congratulations on the lathe, it's always fun to move up to more power/size etc. I've seen a number of pictures of what you seem to want, but have none available. Most are roll around carts with PVC vertical racks on top for turning tools and the remainder for other things. Someone will post that and other things, I'm sure.
    Good, Fast, Cheap--Pick two.