Thread: Finger progress, with pic

Finger progress, with pic

Its been 2 weeks and one day since I injured my finger and I've been making good progress. I'm down to being able to wear a large band-aid instead of wrapping it in gauze. Intially, I was missing skin all the way from one side to the other. It actually looks better than the picture--the flash is making the "insides" more visible through the film over the missing area. I still have a very sensitive area on the tip that makes it hard to type with that finger, but I've learned to type fairly well without it and I wear the splint the orthopedic surgeon gave me to protect it whenever I'm doing stuff.
    Attached Images Attached Images

matt,
    I thought it was a lot worse....That will heal fine and you learned something...it is a positive thing in the long run...
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Matt,

The finger looks much better. I caught the pinky, ring finger and middle finger of my right hand in a cove bit one year ago on the 24th. I still have sensitivity in the tips of two of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Singer
    I thought it was a lot worse
    Easy for you to say!!!!

It looked a lot worse 2 weeks ago, I'd estimate that the "skinless" area is about 1/2 the size it was two weeks ago. I never thought it would heal that quick.

Matt, Glad to hear you're healing nicely! I can imagine that hurts! I've had a couple of accidents when I was younger that removed a goodly portion of my finger nails and thumb nails and it isn't any fun and hurts like the dickens! Continue the good healing process!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Matt, I can just imagine what it looked like a couple of weeks ago although is still looks very sore and tender. Unfortunately, it will probably be with you for sometime to come. But, it could have been worse - you still have your finger and this will just be a memory and a heck of a reminder in years to come!

I cut myself with a bread slicer once, in the index finger of the left hand. It took maybe 8 weeks to heal (i was 4 weeks off duty..) but the habits i developed to avoid using this finger (like your are describing) (iow pain avoidance habits) remained for a very long time. I sometimes still use the left middle finger instead of the index finger. The scar is still visible and feeling in that finger tip isn't back to normal. The accident happened more than six years ago.
    Cutting your fingers is really nasty.. i am glad it wasn't a ww machine that injured mine.

Take Care folks!
    Timo