Thread: Stocking stuffer suggestions?

Stocking stuffer suggestions?

I have an interesting question for you. My wife and I are not doing much in the way of Christmas gifts for each other this year. (Saving our money for our 25th Anniversary trip to Alaska next summer.) What we have decided to do is "stocking stuffers". We are each to come up with a list of stocking stuffer ideas to give to the other.

Here are the "rules". We are to spend no more than $25 on each other. This $25 can be 1 stocking stuffer or as many items as can be purchased for no more than a total of $25.

Any suggestions that I can put on my list? Remember, it can be 1 item that costs $25 of multiple items totaling $25. What's on your "must have" but inexpensive list? Thanks!
    If fishing is a sport I MUST be an athlete!"

End of the Oregon Trail in Oregon City, Oregon
    What immediately comes to mind would be for a neander woodworker: some plane socks to store and protect your handplanes. They're about $7.50 to $8.50 last time I checked. Put some socks in your stocking!

Woodworking DVDs, Books, Kreg mini jig, screws, clamp etc......

I get an awful lot of use out of this little 3" Incra T-rule ($15). I've got some of the bigger Incra T-rules too, but don't end up using them near as much as the little 3" version.
    http://www.hartvilletool.com/product/10841
    Use the fence Luke

Placitas, NM in the foothills of the Sandia Mountain.

Lee Valley

has a lot of inexpensive items that really help out in the shop. For instance, magnifier for ruler, marking knife, wedge shaped ruler (easy to read), rare earth magnets (50 cents - will keep that chuck on the drill press), mini square, saddle square.

Royce, that is what TLOML and I do most years, then get something we need (this year we need a TV, but it still is going to have to wait a while).
    If you don't have one, the Blade-Loc is nice for changing TS blades. I always felt like I was bending the blade when I did it with a piece of wood. This works great. They have them at Lowes for around 15.00, Got mine on sale at Woodcrart for 13.00, then saw them at the local woodworkers show last weekend for 9.95. I always need wood screws. An inexpensive dial indicator is high on my list for setting up the saws in my life. Maybe a good book for the TS or BS or ???. I think those run about 20.00, The metal bowls that are magnetic would be good to have. Hard to lose the screws for a project that way (the techs at the shop use them a lot when working on cars).
    It's always fun to see what comes up! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

I would say additional tape measures, ear plugs, boxes of wood screws, another counter sink, screw driver bits for the cordless drill, regular screw drivers, battery operated fluorescent for when you need temporary light somewhere, jig saw blades, extra safety glasses, multi drawer parts organizer, tooth brush size wire or brass brushes, thermal socks for when I'm working in the garage and it's 27 degrees like tonight was.

And if you want to get in good with the wife, a small picture of her to keep in the shop. Might be able to leverage that into a new router or cordless drill down the road.
    James