Thread: My new project, a baby cradle

My new project, a baby cradle

After doing a baby crib, I began to make a baby cradle. Since my girlfriend, unfortunately, made a distortion of one of her ankle, I began this project and told her I was doing storage for my shop. My shop is in the basement so she didn't come in my shop until the cradle was near finished.

I think it will be a running gag. Everytime I'll begin a new project, I'll tell her that I'm starting to do storage for my shop, she'll laugh !

I made it with a mix of maple and birch. The difference is hard to see for many people. I finished it with danish oil.

So Antoine (which is the french name for Anthony) born december 6th, exactly 5 years after I met my girlfriend. Daddy and Mommy enjoy this cradle. Antoine is sleeping near us in our room.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts. (Bertrand Russell)

Mario, what a fine looking cradle. I love the wood and you are right it is hard to tell which wood is which. You also have a fine looking son. Beautiful baby. Congratulations to you and mommy.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Great gloat Mario...on all sorts of different levels. Congrats on all of them.

- Vaughn

Beautiful work all the way around.
    Enjoy the journey,

Martin

---------------
    Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable --- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy --- think about such things. --- Paul of Tarsus