Thread: Kreg K3 to Festool Vac

Kreg K3 to Festool Vac

Hi,

Anybody hook up a Kreg K3 to a Festool 27mm vac hose? Do I need an adaptor?

I'm going to pick up the K3 week after Christmas and hope to use my CT22!

Thanks for any help.

Pete

Peter, I just bought the K3 master kit and love it. I hook it up to a hanging wall shop-vac. I can't believe how well the dust collection works. I saw no one responded to your post, and I hate to see that. I just went and measured the K3 port. The Inside Diameter of the vac opening is 30mm. If your vac hose fitting has a taper, and any point on that taper reaches 30mm in diameter then you should be okay. If you need anything else, post and I will reply. HTH, Bill

Hey Pete, good to see you around.
    I don't have either tool - but I've been looking at the Kreg. In my earlier research I think it is sized for 1-1/4" hoses - and adaptors "by others". This is from recollection, so I might be off on the size. I suspect the folks at Kreg could answer your question if nobody here chimes in. Try giving them a call. If nothing else, it may get them to do some additional research as to what does and doesn't fit.

Wes

Hi guy's,
    I'm new here, been lurking for awhile, but never posted.
    I recently purchased the K3 jig & no the Festool hose will not fit. I ended up getting a "Fernco" type pipe adapter (the rubber type with 2 hose clamps). Fastened securly on the jig & tigthened up just enough for the Festool hose to be twisted in the other end.
    Works like a champ! The dust collection on the K3 really makes a big difference, you will like it.

Ed

I have both a Fein and Festool vacuums hoses and neither fit So I just duct tape it since I am too lazy to head to the store to get an adaptor
    I can pay retail anywhere, so how's your service?
    Grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory one project at a time
    Maker of precision cut firewood

Thanks Guys!

I guess I'll have to rig it like I did for my Makita sanders, it ain't pretty, but it sure works alright.

Pete

Peter,
    I got a Kreg-3 from Woodcraft and asked for a dust collection adapter to my 27mm Festool hose. They provided an adapter that works, but as I read the ID/OD tag on the adapter, I begin to see it was intended to be used differently. I think that the male end of my Festool hose is going into the adapter that was intended to receive the ID of a hose.

Sorry if this is unclear. Since you are not going to get this ‘till next week, just let me say now that you will be able to get *some* adapter that works w/o duct tape.

Good thing they stapled Red Green down into his coffin.

If you don’t get clear direction on this from someone else soon, I will post explanatory pics.

Frank

Peter,
    The ODs on both the Kreg dust collection attachment and the Festool 27mm hose end are about 1.380”. The obvious adapter is a 1 ½” to 2 ¼”, right???

You will be able to get something that works.

Was easier patching together the exhaust on my truck.

Frank
    Attached Images Attached Images

Frank,

Thanks for the pics and info!

I went to a local tool store with gift $$ this morning to buy a K3 kit and they were sold out - the guy said they are selling very briskly. Guess I'll try online - or Lowes.

I think I have one of those adaptors out in the shop, gonna try it.

Thanks again,

Pete

10. Hey Peter, Hartville tool has a K3 master system for $149 and includes a $30 screw kit for free. I bought mine at the local tool store, which did not include the screw kit. I try to buy local to support the only real tool store in town. You tried to do that, but no luck. Hartville's website is www.hartvilletool.com I have ordered from them in the past and have received very good service, and prompt delivery. Good luck, let us know how you like the kit. Later, Bill

Thanks guys.

Frank, I just found the adaptor at McFeely's - it's on the same page as the K3 kit, you were right on with the size.

Pete