Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What tools did you receive as gifts? (with pictures please)

I've been wanting one of these now for quite some time. SWMBO got a new Dyson vacuum cleaner and encouraged me to go ahead and get this for myself. It is not here yet but is expected for delivery by this coming Friday. Nearly on time.

Just keep working on it. It'll give up and do right after a while.

Ah, some nice Christmas gifts were delivered by Santa. It looks like Santa skipped the Richards' residence this year. That's just fine though. I don't have room for anymore tools anyway.

I was hoping for a few lumps of coal in my stocking, though. That would have been a welcome gift considering the price of LP.

The LOML told me to order what I wanted.........WOW

But then she knew I didn't want a lot.

I ordered a Delta Splitter. It hasn't arrived yet. Here is a picture of what it will look like.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (48.7 KB, 114 views)
    Last edited by Bart Leetch; 12-25-2005 at 3:55 PM.
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Smile XMAS Gifts

Got a Festool Plunge saw.

http://www.festoolusa.com/ProductDet...ID=561174&ID=1

Gary Curtis

Not exactly a power tool and I can't take a picture of it but the LOML did register me for a class with David Marks "Finishing for the Craftsman" in February at the local Woodcraft (Orlando). And my Ipod Nano is pretty nice too

Kevin

I got a couple gift cards and can shop next week and get stuff I really want-- and then some!
    Jerry

Not a tool but WW related: LOML got me a David J. Marks T-shirt. 'has a picutre of one of his more elaborate designs on the back.

A new General 350 cabinetsaw from the office, Forrest WW blade, M J Splitter, LV outfeed stand, new anti vibration gloves, zero clearance insert, japanese saw, rosewood square, funny turning short, LV sweaters.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

for christmas '05

Santa (loml) was good to me this year...

i) delta unisaw w/ biesmeyer fence and mobile base
    ii) jessem sliding table for delta unisaw
    iii) porter cable compressor with a brad and finish nailer

Sorry no pictures yet but I will post one after I assemble everything. The most enjoyable gift was watching our two girls, ages two and almost one, unwrap their gifts and spend more time with the wrapping paper and bows than their gifts - that put a smile on my face.

roger

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Howell
    Same as last year!!
    Hmm...briquettes. Interesting...

Two of my favorite gifts this year weren't even WW related ... a new grill and two tickets to Disturbed. Woohoo!

WW related gifts ... a Cold Heat soldering gun, Makita 6935 kit, and Dewalt drill accessory kit.

I treated myself to a few Christmas presents as well. A K3 master kit, a Trend T3 router, an Amana 6" dado set, a used Delta TP400LS and a PC 4212 that I haven't picked up from Rockler yet. $101 out the door!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy London
    A new General 350 cabinetsaw from the office, Forrest WW blade, M J Splitter, LV outfeed stand, new anti vibration gloves, zero clearance insert, japanese saw, rosewood square, funny turning short, LV sweaters.
    Now I really like that shirt! I've never even had the chance to play on a lathe. I hope to try it sometime down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Howell
    Hey Tyler, that's pretty generous of you letting Santa's reindeer take a potty break at your house.
    Where did I put that tape measure...

Although Santa left no tools last night, tool-wise he's recently brought a new 14" Shop Fox bandsaw with riser kit, a 1/2" Woodslicer blade and a 3/4" Olson blade to go with it, a set of 4 Bessy K-Body clamps, a low-end 18 ga brad nailer/stapler, another low-end 23 ga pinner, and assorted other little things like metric allen wrenches, digital calipers, and a magnetic task light for the new bandsaw. He still hasn't decided if any of the Christmas money I got from the future MIL will go towards more tools, or if it'll just replenish Santa's bank account.

- Vaughn