Thread: Bosch Jig Saw Blades

Bosch Jig Saw Blades

I'm about to pull the trigger on a 1591 jig saw and was looking at the different blades. What should I look for? I have no bandsaw at the moment, so the saw will be used for mdf templates, rough cutouts in plywood, etc.

I think you need to start out with an assortment of blades to find out what works best for you. I did that when I bought my Festool jigsaw and the experimentation has been quite useful as I get to know the tool more and more. Strangely enough, I use the coarser (and heavier) blades a lot more than I expected.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    I think you need to start out with an assortment of blades to find out what works best for you. I did that when I bought my Festool jigsaw and the experimentation has been quite useful as I get to know the tool more and more. Strangely enough, I use the coarser (and heavier) blades a lot more than I expected.
    Great idea. I have the assortment in my cart, but I started wondering if there were any preferred blades out there. I'll just find out what *I* prefer.

Thanks Jim!

I like the heavier, coarser tooth blades for fast cutting.

Get a metal cutting blade or two, and maybe one for plastics. Here is a useful link for Bosch blades, with description of use for each blade. Might want to print out their chart and keep with your blades for reference.

http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/S...d74+1135636256

Dan
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially toward the end.

-Woody Allen-

Critiques on works posted are always welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Forman
    Get a metal cutting blade or two, and maybe one for plastics. Here is a useful link for Bosch blades, with description of use for each blade. Might want to print out their chart and keep with your blades for reference.

http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/S...d74+1135636256

Dan
    Thanks Dan!

MDF & Jigsaw Blades

I use MDF for lots of things.

If you're making remplates and don't want to get into lots of handsanding and filing, use Bosch finetooth metal cutting blades on MDF.

Smoooooth.

HTH.
    Howard
    Howard Rosenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Rosenberg
    I use MDF for lots of things.

If you're making remplates and don't want to get into lots of handsanding and filing, use Bosch finetooth metal cutting blades on MDF.

Smoooooth.

HTH.
    Howard
    Excellent tip, Howard. Thanks!!

I placed my order a few minutes ago for the Bosch 1591, Bosch Colt and the 13 pc. Bosch Spade Bit kit. I'll swing by the Borg and look at their selection of jig saw blades in person.

one of the WW mags in a recent jigsaw comparison used the Bosch blades on each jigsaw becasuue they felt they were supeiror to most of the blades out there.

Along with the blades

While you're at it, pick up a package of the clear plastic inserts that snap into the saw baseplate. They reduce top side splintering on plywood, considerably.
    Practice...'till you can do it right, the first time.

Arlington, Texas (The dash in Dallas-Fort Worth)

For cutting wood, definately give the Bosch T234 Progressor blade a try. By far, it's the best jigsaw blade I've ever used.

i buy the 234 blades 50 in a pack to save a few bucks, they are good blades, but no blade will "do it all"........02 tod

Quote Originally Posted by Roger H.
    While you're at it, pick up a package of the clear plastic inserts that snap into the saw baseplate. They reduce top side splintering on plywood, considerably.
    They are on my list. I'm looking at the dust collection kit as well.