I was wondering if anyone on here has any experience with Woodmaster drum sanders? I got a brochure here in the mail that says they are selling them for up to 49% off, "Brand New Woodmasters At Reconditioned Prices!!!" Wow!!

I've toyed with the idea of a drum sander for quite some time, but having never used one so i don't know if it's something that would be a worthwhile investment for me. Also I'm wondering if Woodmaster itself is a good brand. $2700 for a 38" drum sander is a pretty hefty investment for me, but i realize i spend quite a lot of time sanding with a ROS. If a drum sander would speed things up, then perhaps it's a good investment.

also wondering if there are other brands i ought to look at. i've heard and read a lot of woes concerning open ended drum sanders such as the delta and performax, so i think that if i was going to get one, it would certainly be closed on both sides. any recommendations on other brands or specific machines that anyone has would be appreciated. i am considering going to the anaheim show at the end of the month, so perhaps i'll get to see some machines up close and compare them.

any input is greatly appreciated.

-markus