SCREW GAUGE

.... This thread may be an elementary subject for most here at SMC, generating a lot of “reads” and few responses. In my Pre-New Years resolutions, I decided to classify ALL my screws and bolts. Little did I realize what a herculean job it would turn out to be. We are talking thousands of screws. All different types; wood, machine, sheet metal, general purpose and all kinds of specialty type screws and bolts. Not classifying the screw length, just the screw diameter only. As simple as this may seem, the process has turned out to be a challenge.
.... I started out grouping; #2, #4, #6, #8, #10, #12 and then 3/16”, 1/4”, 5/16”, 3/8”, 7/16”, 1/2”, and so up to 1”. The problem came when I had a metric diameter very close to a standard size screw and then vise versa! The #6s and #8s were especially confusing and my adjustable slide mics were slow and just compounded the circumstance with the metric sizes. After a while a #6 type started to visually look like a #8 depending on the type and color of screw and vice versa.
.... I think what I need is a STANDARD and METRIC screw gauge template that is accurate and efficient. I checked with GRAINGER's. They don't seem to have anything to fill the bill. So, I am open to ideas and or suggestions, thoughts or perhaps someone knows were I can get a gauge like I need ?

Thanks