Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E-Bay Oliver

Angry E-Bay Oliver

Howdy Guys,
    Just thought i would let everyone know that the pea green Oliver 232 that is for sale is a picture of my saw. Not really sure what he is selling and I have contacted E-Bay about the picture. Just don't someone buying something that isn't for sale.

Maybe they're getting READY to steal it. Let loose the dogs and double check the locks.
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

laughing......I hope they can move very fast cause that thing weighs about 1000 lbs and plenty of time to get a good shot away....even in the dark....

Just contacted seller

I just sent the guy an email, asking if I can come over and look at the saw. Of coarse he said I could. I do not live far from where he says it is.

If you would like for me to forward you the email, send me yours and I will.

Not sure how you can lose, its for pick-up only
    (if I have the right auction). Pick-up and pay.

Maybe go over with the local constable. Give him a surprise????
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

true corvin ....but i know of a lot of ppl that are looking for a saw like that one and if i had to drive a long distance to get it and then it be somting i wasn't sure i wanted ....somebody would be getting an a$$ kicking.
    He has acknoldged that that isn't the actual pic of the saw he is selling though, but that still isn't right to do something like that

If I looked at the right ad, the questions and answers at the bottom may answer your question:

Jan-02-06

Q: Is the green paint in the photo the original factory color or have you repainted it?
    A: I am sorry this picture is not of the actual saw. It is the closest pic I could find of a saw that was in comparable condition. Yes I feel my saw has ...

Dave Fried

There is a plausible explanation for this...

Many people do not have ready access to a digital camera or the software to capture and scale down a digital image. So, they run a google image search and then copy/paste the first picture that is a good match for their purposes. I agree this isn't what one should do when selling an item since it may misrepresent the item for sale, but I confess that I have done it myself when selling a new item on Ebay (I simply copy a picture right off the manufacturers website).

true David....I sent him an e-mail and told him if he didn't tell ppl it wasn't an actual pic I would tell every bidder it wasn't.....don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to stop the guy form selling something . It's just a little suspecious I guess to show someting and have something else for sell

just trying to alert people roger and hope that no one gets burnd, I already have had a friend in Maui send me an e-mail asking if that wasn't my saw.....he is looking for one like it and he would fly here to get it.

Reg/
    Your correct. The biggest problem is a chance of a mis-represented item and wasteing time and resources if it is not in the same shape/ condition. In a situation as this, its best to live locally or reflect this problem in the bid amount.

Corvin

Reg,

I saw that listing, and figured something was up. Hard to imagine that exact color showing up twice on the same model machine and in a familiar background. He should say "reasonable Facsimile, not actual machine" right with the Photo. I assumed he had some affiliation with you, and the saw was being resold. Glad you posted this to straighten it out.

thanks Chris it would be odd to see 2 saws with that color thats for sure. I HAVE HAD EMAILS AS FAR AWAY AS MAUI TO LET ME KNOW SOMEONE HAS STOLEN MY SAW OR RESALING IT. e-bAY ISN'T MUCH HELP, THEY SAID THEY WOULD LOOK INTO IT IF I WOULD SEND THEM AN UNCROPED PIC FROM MY PERSONAL WEB SITE. Wel I don't have a personal web site but i sent a link to photo bucket maybe they can use that.
    Nice to know that guys in here look out for each other. A nice place to be

Actually he can't use the picture legally...whoever took the picture owns the "right's" and you can ask him to remove the picture or pay you for the use of your picture.