Thread: Blade to fence adjustment-part 2

Blade to fence adjustment-part 2

Okay, here's the deal. After reading the advice I got on Saturday about fence to blade adjustments, I started the day today staring from scratch and adjusted my Makita LS1014F 12" SCMS. I lossend the fence bolts and used my Incra Square and Made the fence square to the blade. Then I used the advice I got and ripped some straight, 6" pieces of MDF to use for test material. I made a cut and turned one piece over to check for square. After a couple of times to fine tune I was perfect. I tightened the four bolts of the fence a little at a time and checked during and after the tightening process. All was well. I made some cuts for my cabinet project and all was good in the world.

A couple hours later I made some more cuts and they seemed a little off. I checked again and the blade was off again. I dropped everything and aligned the blade again. All was good again. More cuts. One hour later and the saw was off again.

After adjusting again so that I could make some more cuts for my project, I was ready to pour gasoline on my Makita and set it on fire.

Each time I was done adjusting and retightening I made a couple more test cuts to make sure the fence was aligned. So what the #@@%^&%*%^$#% is going on??????? Anyone got any ideas?
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

I've got a top of the line porter cable model CMS and I have the impression that it simply is not designed for fine furniture quality work. No matter how much I tune it, the saw will not stay perfectly aligned, close, but not perfect. In my shop I use it for things like crown molding and crosscutting a piece of 12' rough lumber so that it is nearly to the size I need prior to milling.

I've got a Bosch 10" SCMS and have found the same to be true. I use it for rough cutting.

Dave Fried