Thread: Chicagoland Creeker Party in March?

Chicagoland Creeker Party in March?

Hi everyone! Are my fellow Creekers willing to help a fellow Creeker?

By now, most of you know that I am in the midst of a full refinish of my basement. The progress has honestly been slower than I thought due to some changes in my plans. One of the features in my plans is a series of built in book cases and a bar. I will be honest with everyone, this is over my head. I have never done cabinet work before and I am not sure where to start. With mentoring and a few helping hands, I am sure I can successfuly complete this project.

So on that note, I am wondering if fellow Creekers in the Chicago area are interested in a get together in early to mid March to meet their fellow Creekers and to help get me started on the cabinets that I need to build. If you are interested in teaching, learning, or lending a hand, please post it in this thread. I probably only have room for 6 people in my basement with the work I want to get done.

Tonight I will post more details on my book case and cabinet plans. I have already posted the bar design thread in the design section of this fine site.

I will, of course, make everyone a good lunch (with all modesty, I am a very good cook, or so she says) and take everyone out for dinner at Mickey Finn's Brewpub where we will try out their tasty craft brewed fermented beverages.

Once I am finished with the basement, I will look at holding a larger party/BBQ for Chicagoland Creekers to show everyone the final product and to once again thank those who helped me.

I know that I am asking a lot from my fellow Creekers, but I know this is a group of good people with kind hearts. Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a million!!

Dan
    A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish.

Dan,

I come to Chicago often. If your get-to-gether happens on a weekend I'm there, I'll be glad to help out. I would definitely be a "learner, and a helping hand." One thing though, lunch would be nice, but dinner at the pub is a little much for a helping hand. I'll do my own and enjoy the commraderie.

John
    John Bailey
    Sawmill Creek is a member supported forum. Click here to donate.

Dan,

It's been a while since I've sampled any of Finn's beverages!

Sorry to say that I'm lacking in cabinet construction experience, but I'd be happy to lend a hand. I can show up with my Festool MFT/TS55 kit, and would be happy to take on the task of cutting sheet goods down to size. This would free up the expert minds & hands for the parts of the project that require more skill.

Drop me a PM if you're intrerested.

Dan

Dan,
    Like Johnny B., I'm more of a learner and gopher, but you can bet I'll be there. I'd like the chance to meet more "Creekers" and learn cabinet making, if you need me of course.... Ken
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.

Dan,

I'm certainly interested. Pleae PM me with details.

Interested. Please keep me informed. Will bring necessary tools, bits and knowledge (and appetite.) Take a look at some of my posts, I think I qualify as at least a hack. Looking forward to it Lars.

I'm In, I do have a trip planned for mid-march. But if I'm around I would glad to help. Just completed a kitchen full of cabinets. P.M. me with the details.

Thanks for the offer, guys! I will definately keep your offers in mind. I just need one more person who is experienced building cabinets.

I have updated the plans in the main basement project thread. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showpost...2&postcount=36

Have a good night everyone!!

Dan
    A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish.