Thread: Hard Maple Work Bench

Hard Maple Work Bench

Here is my new, now used, workbench. I have a customer who owns a hardwood business so I traded some landscape work for some 6/4 maple and Mahogany. Ripped the random length Maple into 3" pieces, put them on edge and laminated them. Put them together in 8 pc. sections so I could run them through my planer, then glued up the sections. That was interesting!
    So it was new, now it has burn marks from my branding iron, I drilled clear through something and into the table. But, that's what it's for, just a shame to mess up a pretty thing. Now it's getting a little character. I still need another vise.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Greg Pierce, CTP
    LawnmastersLLPC.com

Nice bench Greg.

I like the look of your shop...Really comfortable

Cheers,

Kent

Finally a picture of a real workshop! Sawdust, disorder and all. Nice bench by the way, i use one i slapped together about ten years ago, and am always drooling over those articles on nice workbenches.

A very nice and rugged looking work bench. Made to be used and abused and still be left standing.

Jim
    Making new friends on SMC each and every day

OOOOHHHHH there's LOTS of comfort in my shop, and lot's of sawdust and disorder. If I got rid of all of that I would be able to fit in a few more tools. HA! I just swept up 7 big garbage bags of shavings from my planer and took them to the Humane Society. They use them for bedding. I will post some pictures of the shop when I organize it just a bit. My "workshop" is currently housed in two bays of my business shop. I have a 130' long by 40 building for my business. 40 feet of it is now my shop.
    Greg Pierce, CTP
    LawnmastersLLPC.com

Nice bench, I like the vise.

Thanks for sharing the pic.

Pete

Great looking bench. It's nice to see stuff that looks like it belongs in a shop.

Tom