Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Shop made micro-adjustable plunge base

OK, you guys are starting to make me blush!

Thanks again!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I am thinking front page of Home SHop Machinist. Give the ladies a call at Village press and write this up. The photos need to be JPEGs and if you can include a CD, that is even better. They dont have full time photo-gophers like FWW. Its all up to guys like you to do everything. Oh, by the way, you get money for submitting this stuff. I say submit. DARN IT BRUCE, SUBMIT!
    Had the dog not stopped to go to the bathroom, he would have caught the rabbit.

A true work of art. I love it!

Sign me up for one.

Wow ! Beautiful !

Thanks for sharing the pics, I am very very impressed.

Howie

Bruce,
    I’m trying to keep my fingers off the caps lock key right now. What you have done with your machining skill and the Bosch Colt is what it’s all about. So few woodworkers expand activity beyond one medium, but I hope that seeing what you have achieved will inspire many.

I feel that it is absolutely essential to the health of this country to maintain abilities to create all of the tools we need to function.

Just as Bob Smalser is helping us to retrieve tools of nearly lost trades and teach us in their use, perhaps you will help us get Bridgeport vertical mills and rotary tables into our shops.

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Chaffee
    Bruce,
    I’m trying to keep my fingers off the caps lock key right now. What you have done with your machining skill and the Bosch Colt is what it’s all about. So few woodworkers expand activity beyond one medium, but I hope that seeing what you have achieved will inspire many.

I feel that it is absolutely essential to the health of this country to maintain abilities to create all of the tools we need to function.

Just as Bob Smalser is helping us to retrieve tools of nearly lost trades and teach us in their use, perhaps you will help us get Bridgeport vertical mills and rotary tables into our shops.

Frank
    All it takes is a south bend heavy 10-L metal lathe and your on the way and I know exactly where you can find one. Suscribe to Home SHop Machinst Magazine and your addicted for life. Wait till you see what the guys are doing at the NAMES show! You will need to wire your jaw shut. Here is a little taste. I hope the base has a little wood in it to keep on topic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dev Emch; 01-12-2006 at 2:18 AM.

Not to be outdone,what do you chaps think of my BBQ,ha ha
    .. If walking is good for your health, the postman would be immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Jarnell
    Not to be outdone,what do you chaps think of my BBQ,ha ha
    O.K. I have a bite. Tell us more. First of all, is thing like one of those self propelled rocket launchers except its a self propelled bovine roasters (SBR)? I will bet that thing can put the bark on a hunk of briscuit. Boy does thing make me hungry. You guys back east have all the lovely hardwoods but we have south western BBQ.... a national artform!

Hey wait, what gives. Brian, your in New Zealand. No matter, I will still have that briscuit with the deep bark please.

One guy who goes on tour built his own rig as well. He used air to air missle storage and shipping tubes for the smoke stacks and fabricated the individual damper controls in these stacks. You ever get a chance to go to serious BBQ contests, GO! The smells, the machines, the people, the contest and the endless tasting. This is serious quality time.
    Last edited by Dev Emch; 01-12-2006 at 3:56 AM.

Bruce

What a great piece of work! I've got a feeling that if you put out a post that said something like "Hey I'm thinking of cranking this up, how many of you guys want one of these?" you'll be duluged with orders.

Thanks for giving me a reason to buy a Colt

Jay

bruce, that`s a very impressive piece of work! thanks for sharing (and making me feel totally inept ) tod

Wow!! that is very cool, how many hours do you have in that?

Bruce,

Suitable for framing. Great detail and workmanship and what everyone else said too! Truley awesome

Cheers,

Kent

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Speachless. Simply speachless!!!!
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Bruce - that is fantastic. Very impressive. Thanks for sharing.
    "There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness." - Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page
    OK, you guys are starting to make me blush!

Thanks again!
    Well, here is your new blushing avatar, Bruce! hahaha
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.