Thread: So many posts but so little time.

So many posts but so little time.

How do the moderators do it? The rate of posting on this site increases daily. Covering topics from design sketch ups to final finish coatings on some museum quality masterpieces.

As the rate of posting continues to grow so does this knowledge base. Just when it seems all aspects of woodworking have already been covered someone will submit the perfect question to uncover more juicy tidbits about the latest equipment, the proper techniques, the best sources, fantastic project photos, and just as importantly those wonderful shop photos.

Where else would it be perfectly normal to continue well reasoned debates about the superior engineering behind 60-year-old iron, the latest high tech gizmo, new forms of cabinet construction, and the deep secrets of Lou’s finish recipe.

I’ve tried several times to skip my daily browse of SMC’s “Today’s Posts”, but always get sucked back in, afraid I’ll miss a post with new glimpses of ww insight. I’ve even found myself following turner threads - - And I don’t even own one of those spinney things.

I know ranting and swearing is frowned upon on this site, but I swear this forum can be directly attributed to my tardiness on many of my household projects and chores. Now if you all don’t slow down your typing SWMBO may have to get out the frying pan.

Now if you will excuse me, I think I hear some mumbling in the kitchen. Got to go. Bye
    rick
    "There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness." - Dave Barry

I agree, Rick. There's so much info here, it's hard to absorb it all. SMC is pretty addictive, and once you start reading, it's hard stop.

- Vaughn

Quote Originally Posted by rick fulton
    I’ve tried several times to skip my daily browse of SMC’s “Today’s Posts”, but always get sucked back in, afraid I’ll miss a post with new glimpses of ww insight. I’ve even found myself following turner threads - - And I don’t even own one of those spinney things.

Now if you will excuse me, I think I hear some mumbling in the kitchen. Got to go. Bye
    rick
    Hah! LOL! You think it's bad now! Just wait until we get you assimilated to that thar' spinny thing! You best start hiding the heavy kitchen skillets now!!!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

My wife bought a new copper skillet so she can dent it and still use it. Cast iron breaks.

And a great big thanks to all the moderators!!!

Jim
    Making new friends on SMC each and every day

Rick,
    Didn’t you receive the SMC memo?

All of us here who keep up on every post are subsidized by woodworking manufacturing sponsors.

[Usual disclaimer: I am not associated with any brand name product I don’t mention in my posts.]

Frank

I let you guys moderate yourselves...my Father used to say,"Everything in moderation".....so don't post so much
    Last edited by Mark Singer; 01-12-2006 at 8:51 AM.
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

You got that right...well said!
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Chaffee
    Rick,
    Didn’t you receive the SMC memo?

All of us here who keep up on every post are subsidized by woodworking manufacturing sponsors.

[Usual disclaimer: I am not associated with any brand name product I don’t mention in my posts.]

Frank
    Good one Frank LOL!
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/