Thread: anyone useing a jointmatic?

anyone useing a jointmatic?

This is the only link to pop up using the search.
    http://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.p...ght=jointmatic
    I have been using a skill table top router table and have been very unhappy with it. but whenever I see a router table for sale they are generaly too expensive for my wallet or gone.
    I got one of these yesterday off CL for $225> All I can say is WOW what a difference. the skill bench top will go into the trash tomorrow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Camaster Cobra 408 working table size 48 x 98
    Wincnc,AspireII,PhotoVcarve,Cut3D
    HX6090SE 60Wworking table 23”X36”
    LaserCut 5.3
    Coreldraw X3, photograV 3.0, Photozoom3

Sawmill Creek is financed in part through member contributions.
    Many members just like you have found extraordinary value in becoming a financial supporter of SMC.

I have one and think it's a great tool, and I wish someone would bring it back into production. I use it mostly for shorter tenons, but also finger joints and occasionally dovetails. If you're not familiar with it, the key to the whole thing is the thread in the height mechanism is 16 threads per inch. Half a turn moves it 1/32, a quarter turn 1/64, etc. When you get a feel for it you should be able to adjust the height predictably by a few thousandths of an inch.

One word of caution; be very careful about setups with the work between the bit and the table. The wood can catch and go flying. If the original miter gauge came with it, clamp the work securely to that for safety's sake. If you can plan your work to keep most of the cutter below the table it's better.

Hope this helps,

Bob Lang