Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Twin Cities

Twin Cities

How many Creekers from the St. Paul / Minneapolis area are there? Ever think about a get together?
    Redbob

Bob
    I'm from Medford, 50 miles south of twin cities. Tyler got a group together after one of the woodshows a couple years ago.I'd be game for this.

Tom

Yeah I wanted to go to that but ended up I was too busy here on the farm. Winter time would be better for me. Isn't there a show by the St Paul River center in March or April?
    Better to keep silent and be thought a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

I attended the get together with Tyler a few years ago and I would be up for another!

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Was a nice turn out for a first shot as the guys said. Let's do it again. I can help.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

I am in Mpls a fair amount in the winter and would sure be up for it.

Rick

Gee Whiz!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Howell
    Was a nice turn out for a first shot as the guys said. Let's do it again. I can help.
    Hey Tyler,
    HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOURS!!

Anyway, I can't understand why a bunch of "normal" folks would want to get together with YOU!? All they will do is listen to you whine about how many pics they have posted over the last decade! Of course, they may also be the fortunate recipients of your incredible philosophy and neat way with words.

DANG! If the logging trails between here and the Twin Cities weren't blocked by Wolves, Cougars, Bears, Snarling Gnus and Viking Fans, I would even attempt the trip myself!

Dale T.
    I am so busy REMAKING my projects that I don't have time to make them the FIRST time!

Tyler,
    I was born in the good ole MPLS of A and have some reasons to visit there this year. I would love to combine that visit with a Creeker gathering. Please let me know of any pending plans.
    Thanks,
    Frank

I used to live in St. Paul. Could I come?

Ot

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Richards
    I used to live in St. Paul. Could I come?
    Dave,
    I REALLY love your signature! I've repeated it at the last few gatherings of all of my Norwegian relatives. I've been told that I am no longer welcome at these events. Could ANYONE ask for a HAPPIER New Years gift?

Dale T.
    I am so busy REMAKING my projects that I don't have time to make them the FIRST time!

Thanks Dale. I can't take credit for it, though. All the credit belongs to some old Norse fisherman who has likely gone to feed the cod.

I don't know why your Norwegian relatives would ban you from their gatherings for that old saying though. If you're going to get banned it should be for something good like, "What do you call a Norwegian under a wheelbarrow?" or "You know why Norwegians can't tell jokes?Timing." You gotta say dat last vun witout waiting for the "No. Why?" part.

BTW, I got both of those from my father in law who is 100% Norse. I figure they must be safe to tell.
    Last edited by Dave Richards; 01-03-2006 at 9:05 PM.

Gee Whiz!?!

[QUOTE=Dave Richards "What do you call a Norwegian under a wheelbarrow?" [/QUOTE]

Dave,
    Ve Novegians are too smart to be caught up in all of this "Politically Correct" stuff. Ve hav fun yust teasing each udder vith da fax! Anyhows, ve is prowd uv r nasional hairatige! After all, ve invented the veel - ve ovurcookd it doe. Ve yust soked it in lie, allowed it to rot an renamed it Lutefisk!!

Ifn youse gives me da "wheelbarrow" answer, I vil tel your fodder-in-law how he can tell ven a bunch of Norvegians has gone on a choclat binge. Vatever, youse can tell by the piles of M&M shells lieing aroun' on da floor!

Dale T.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Chaffee
    Tyler,
    I was born in the good ole MPLS of A and have some reasons to visit there this year. I would love to combine that visit with a Creeker gathering. Please let me know of any pending plans.
    Thanks,
    Frank
    Hey, Frank I suspected a connection, I'm just trying to figure which lake by I 694 you use to bike to and camp at???

Sounds like we got some local planning to do.

Pesh as long as you keep posting pix of your daughter and grand kids we'll let you come. Better yet send them and you hold the fort.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Tyler,
    It was Silver Lake, on property that my Scout troop used to go to.

We did one outing each month of the year and if it was not below zero we also did an overnight.

I look forward to sharing more with you, where ever, when ever.

‘Till then Tyler,
    Frank

Blush - Blush !!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Howell Pesh as long as you keep posting pix of your daughter and grand kids we'll let you come. Better yet send them and you hold the fort.[/COLOR
    [/I][/B]
    Tyler,
    I've never received a more heart-felt invitation! While drowning in my tears of appreciation, I can't help but think that you may be a better guy than I thought you were!?! By the way, was there a second sentence to your message?!? I was so teary eyed that I just couldn't READ it!!

Dale T.