Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Porter Cable Router Recall

I received a recall notice via Amazon.com, which is where I purchased the router. I am amazed that they have the database and interest to forward the recall notice!

I called PC and had to leave a message because all the lines were overloaded. Got a call back this morning at 7:35 am. I reminded the PC caller that she needed to be aware of the time difference between her in Memphis and me in LA. Anyway, she gave me the option of shipping the motor to the service center or taking it in myself. PC would pay for the UPS shipping, but I had to find a box, box it up, and get UPS to pick it up. I figured that in all that time I could take it in myself, even if it's 25 miles away. She said the repair would take about 10-15 minutes but we agreed that it was unlikely I could wait for it to be done the moment I arrived. Either I can go back and pick it up, or PC will pay for the repair center to ship it back to me. It's a pain to take care of this, but PC will pay for everything except my aggravation. But, much better safe than sorry.

Glad I purchased the Dewalt 618 kit. I have owned it for two years now and like it better each time I use it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pc 892

OK folks, I just bought a new PC 892 for my table . The serial number is above the recalled range so my router is not in for the recall. Nevertheless, did I buy something naughty ? I can still bring it back...

I'm just happy that Matt had seen that recall notice and put the post up. I took the motor in to the service center and I should be getting a replacement delivered top my door in about a week.

I took mine to the Orlando area last Tuesday which is about an hour away from me. The guy at that place did not know about the recall so I gave him a copy of the recall notice I had extracted from the Porter Cable site.

Friday, yesterday, a new motor arrived at my place via UPS.

I had purchased it from Amazon but have not received any notice from them nor did I get a notice from Porter Cable. Thanks to the web I found out about it and the issue is closed with myself now, I hope.

Take care,
    Bernie