Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Girzzly tale of Woe

Them shows are pretty expensive to show in, I suppose it may be too expensive for them in the long run. The challenge for many folks is they just aren't close enough to see one in the wild and then they go with something they can get local. I guess papa griz would have to provide details of percentage of first time buyers and those that have never seen one in the wild before ordering. I personally think they would see a large increase in new buyers from having a few tools at the show for folks to touch and feel the quality. From there people can make the association with other products. For me it is still a 3-4 hour drive one one to visit the show room, at least I know the quality I am getting ahead of time when I do make a purchase.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

2. You gotta hand it to Shiraz, he's on top of this, and his welcome participation here is creating more goodwill for Griz every day, which is well deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiraz Balolia
    Hi Rich,
    I just checked the status of these jointers. They are coming in at our different warehouses across the country and yours is scheduled to be shipped on/around February 15 (about 3 weeks from now). That shipment is sold out, but we are are shipping them by date order was placed and you are on the list.
    We are required by law to send out those notices and we try to err on the later dates to avoid problems.
    Thank you for the business.

Scott - getting dimensions, etc

Scott, you wrote:

"I would really like to know some specific measurements. How big is the base on the G0490 and how far does the outfeed table extend from the base (I know how long the tables are themselves)?"

I have had good luck emailing Grizzly technical support. I was considering one of their air compressors, and wanted to know detailed info about what PSI value caused the tank to start refilling again, and was that adjustable, etc. I got answers to every question by the next day. I'm sure some took some research, I got pretty detailed, and also asked followup questions to their original answers.

I didn't like the content of the answers (PSI got too low prior to refill) but I was very impressed with the fact that I GOT some answers, and in a prompt friendly fashion.

Good luck.