Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dust Collection Height

Thanks everyone for your helpful feedback. You've given me a lot to think about. I was getting a little worried when almost an hour went by without a response.

I had not fully considered the pain it would be to empty the thing if it's in the basement. There is a slight slope to the area I'm putting the shop so it looks like I should be able to have some sort of good access to the basement, though. I may be able to carve out a full sized door. I should say too that I'm not a full time woodworker. I'm just getting started (if it wasn't obvious) and I don't see spending more than 10-15 hours a week in there.

My original plan was to have a small closet on the outside of the building to enclose the DC at ground level. Unfortunately, the best place for this closet (aesthetically) was about 30 feet from where I want to put my big dustmakers. I wanted to get it closer which is the main reason for the underground approach. That, plus the added storage. I don't want to break the bank though so it may come down to cost.

Thanks again for everyone's feeedback. I'm going to start another thread soon on window/door placement. Stay tuned!
    Last edited by Rob Bodenschatz; 01-28-2006 at 3:27 PM.