Thread: You won't believe this board! Part 2!!

You won't believe this board! Part 2!!

First off, I want to thank everyone for the great responses on my post for the first board that I posted last night! It is so great having so many people that get excited about beautiful lumber like this!
    If you remember from my original post, I said that there were 2 boards in the set. Tonight I finished part of the second board, this piece is 84" long, 13" wide, and planed out at exactly 3/4". The second board was cut unevenly at the mill at one end, and there is a 42" piece that I cut off at a knot that I will probably have to plane down to 1/2". This second board has a little more figure than the first! I really appreciate all the suggestions. I believe that this wood is headed for a special coffee table that I have been promising my beautiful wife for quite some time now. Here are the pictures of the second board. Thanks for sharing my excitement everyone!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Be true to your work, your word, and your friend." -Henry David Thoreau

2. Those are two just drop-dead gorgeous boards, Tom!

Wow. And wow.

Take care, Mike

Awesome Tom! Absolutely beautiful. I bet you are kicking yourself for not getting more!

Corey

Oh, my................
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

And to think, it just grows on trees too! I'm thinking we should call the guy and see what else he's got!
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Wow! Nice wood. I can't wait to see the coffee table. Looks like we have a few people from Rochester,NY here.

Tom,

A coffee table sounds like an excellent way to showcase that beautiful wood.

Want to see pictures of the finished project

"Tom Ruflin Wow! Nice wood. I can't wait to see the coffee table. Looks like we have a few people from Rochester, NY here."
    Hi Tom, nice to meet you! Yes, there are quite a few of us Rochesterians here at the Creek!

"Corey Hallagan Awesome Tom! Absolutely beautiful. I bet you are kicking yourself for not getting more!"
    Hi Corey, how have you been! Yes, I wished I could have afforded to buy more, but we do what we can. The good news is that he gets wood like this in stock from time to time, and I'm hoping to get more.

"Bob Noles Tom, A coffee table sounds like an excellent way to showcase that beautiful wood. Want to see pictures of the finished project."
    Thanks Bob! You betcha I'll post pics of the completed project! There's nothing more fun than sharing the results of a project with people that appreciate them and know how much work it takes to omplete them!

My thanks to all for your interest and support!
    "Be true to your work, your word, and your friend." -Henry David Thoreau

Tom, they're both, flat out gorgeous chunks 'o wood! Now, besides the project they're headed for, what are your plans for finishing it to really pop that grain? BLO, tung, something else??? Clear coat = lacquer, poly, shellac???? Inquiring minds need to know!!!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Beautiful stuff! I am truly jelous! I just got three boards of walnut (three was all I could find in the bunch) last night that are covered with figuring too. I am very excited about them. Not sure what I will build with them yet but they were too good to pass up on.

Please show us pictures of the coffee table when done!