Thread: Where are the Neanders?

Question Where are the Neanders?

Keith, I think this board is shaping up really well. I am encouraged by all the positive remarks both here and at the Pond. However, I have one concern. While I am a power tool woodworker, I like to read about what the Neanders are up to, and I am going to learn how to hand cut dovetails this summer. We have over 450 members now, but very few threads in the Neanderthal Haven. I guess my concern is that the Neanders got such a nice welcome at Woodcentral, prior to the development of Sawmill Creek, that many of them may not know about the 'Creek. So, can anyone throw out some suggestions as to how we can attract more Neanders to the 'Creek?

Keith, thanks for all you have done for us in such a short time. This site is really awesome.
    Martin, Granbury, TX
    Student of the Shaker style

I'm here, but unlike "youse guys"

I"m not trying to run up my total posts so I haven't posted unless I had something to say. I kinda miss the Junior member title, after all, at 54 it's not often I'm considered junior.

don't worry though, I'll find a good topic or two.

Dave Anderson NH -- with tongue firmly planted in cheek
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

Thumbs down It kind'a looks like they ---

are migrating to the Wood Central site. I was browsing the Pond Neanderthal (oh heck, hand tool) forum and the only thing I saw was a comment or two about WC., and nothinhg about the mill. Perhaps we haven't been hitting the marketing hard enough over there....
    Best Regards, Ken

Red face They are quite aren't they

I have invited a couple over, and pam made a couple of posts, maybe if someone had a good plane or chisel question that would attract attention. I enjoy reading the posts, but I don't really have a good topic at this time.
    Jim Fuller Lineville, Al

I'm here

Well, I made it over here and over to the creek (and another forum that I can't think of the name right now). I like all three for different reasons, but I do tend to be more of a lurker than a poster. We'll have to see if some of the others will migrate or not.

Checking it out

I've been visiting the pond for a couple of years, but still consider myself more of a learner than a teacher/contributor. I'll chime in if there are questions with no answer (and I happen to be able to answer that one).
    So, I'm now lurking at several (mostly here and WC) since the Ponders have kind of split. I like the layout / set up of this one a lot more, though, and I hope more people will migrate over.

Tom

Where are the Neanders

Having just joined today, 2-22-03 I'd like to say that after reviewing the sites recommended on the pond I feel that this one may suit me best. Darn glad to find another forum to lurk in.
    Possumpoint