Thread: Horizontal Router Table Plans/Pictures

Horizontal Router Table Plans/Pictures

Does anyone have plans or pictures of their horizontal router table that can be posted here? I'm about to build one and I'm looking for ideas. I'm specifically interested in how or if you devised some kind of adjustment mechanism for raising the vertical height of the bit/router.

Thanks in advance,
    Wayne Johnson

Dan Barber's Site

Check out Dan Barber's site...http://woodisourart.com

specifically go to this link for his homemade multi-router type machine.

http://woodisourart.com/mortiseflex/mortiseflex.htm

Dan is a great guy, hopefully he will read this too and be able to help you out.

Hi Wayne,

I don't know if this is what you're looking for but I found this pic on Ken Vaughn's website http://home.earthlink.net/~kvaughn65/

Hope this helps,

Christian

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)

Here is Mine

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Johnson
    Does anyone have plans or pictures of their horizontal router table that can be posted here? I'm about to build one and I'm looking for ideas. I'm specifically interested in how or if you devised some kind of adjustment mechanism for raising the vertical height of the bit/router.

Thanks in advance,
    Wayne Johnson
    Here is the one I made to do mortises and tenons about 8 - 10 yrs ago. It has served me well for a long time.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Salisbury
    Here is the one I made to do mortises and tenons about 8 - 10 yrs ago. It has served me well for a long time.

Ken, that's what I'm thinking about doing...something simple, but functional.

Is the raising/lowering of the router done by eye, or is there some sort of mechanism that you use for small increments?

I'm trying to figure out the best method of raising the router in a set up like yours for incremental adjustments.

Thanks,
    Wayne

Ken,
    Is the raising/lowering of the router done by eye, or is there some sort of mechanism that you use for small increments?
    Thanks,
    Wayne
    Raising, lowering and depth of cut settings are a combination of eye, ruler measurements and test cuts on scrap material.

My Horizontal Router Table Solution

Thanks for all of the ideas! Well, here is what I came up with. This is mostly like Ken's, but I added the screw mechanism with a knob for vertical micro adjustments. It works really well.

Wayne
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wayne-

I made one very similar based on the plan in Woodsmith and it works quite well although it doesn't have the micro-adjust- That's a great idea and something I'll have to add. Thanks for sharing!
    Mark

"Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggie" until you can find a rock."
    Will Rogers

Mike Schwing Guest
    Hey I think I just found a use for my third router that sits currently unused!

Thanks for all of the ideas! Well, here is what I came up with. This is mostly like Ken's, but I added the screw mechanism with a knob for vertical micro adjustments. It works really well.

Wayne
    I like it Wayne - nice job. I do have 2 suggestions for improvement (see drawing attached.

1. Make a relief along the length of the table to allow for dispersing chips. Very helpful when cutting tenons.

2. Rout a miter gauge slot in the table top. I found this handy when cutting tenons on the ends of narrow pieces.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 07-23-2003 at 11:04 AM.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.