Thread: My other "hobby"

My other "hobby"

Well, I couldn't add this to Dennis' weekend accomplishments thread but I wanted to show you some of what I did this past week. I work at a large chemical company on the Houston Ship Channel and part of my job is being an On Scene Commander and instructor for our fire brigade. This has been pretty cool to say the least. I also get to do some instruction at Texas A&M (generally through the company) which is where these pictures were taken. When I get to instruct others we have them come from ALL over the world - I have instructed people from every continent with the exception of Antartica - but I understand they set fires there on purpose to keep warm. We were there this past Tuesday thru Thursday burning day and night fires.
    The first pic is of me walking back to staging following another successful burn (just showing off a little bit there in the pic - kinda like asking "Is that all you got?"). The second is of a night burn and I am on the far left - probably shouting instructions. The others are just some shots of us at work.
    I hope you all enjoy these - this is my other hobby and I must say - I love it too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice Mike and THANKS for all you are doing to help keep us all safe when things just don't go just "right" where you work. You have both my respect and grattitude.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

You firefighters always amaze me, While I have respect for fire, I have an even greater respect for the men and women who put thier lives on the line for us.

Keep up the good work Mike

Exactly ditto to what Mike said! Thanks and wishes that you continue being the "winner" on these things!!!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Mike, I have seen a few fires as I have buddies in the department. The things you guys do amaze me! Thanks for being out there, keeping your fellow men safe!
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

6. Mike those are really great pics, as to your "Other" hobby, all I can say is.........

.....SMOKING!!......

Mike,
    You are one lucky gent. A person who can treat his profession, job, occupation as a hobby because he loves it is has got his life in order!!
    Ed

Thanks for all the nice comments on my other hobby. They are truly appreciated. With this hobby my hopes are to be the best prepared and best trained but the least used. Makes for a good day all around.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Thanks Mike, Worked a lot of hours with FFs in a previous life. A real special bunch.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Thanks Mike. You are a special bunch of guys. We appreciate what you do.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.