Thread: Amazon Customer Service

Amazon Customer Service

I recently purchased a Delta X5 bandsaw from Amazon and gloated about my deal here in this forum. The saw, free shipping, and free mobile base for $594 after all rebates and special offers.

Well, the saw came the other day minus the mobile base. I immediately e-mailed Amazon and received a quick reply saying, "contact Delta." I of course assume the run-around has just begun and fire back an angry e-mail. Today I get an e-mail explaining that the free mobile base offer involved me entering the item in my shopping cart where it would show up with $0.00 cost. Of course I failed to notice that little detail. The e-mail went on to say that a mobile base was being shipped to me today at no cost because my business is important.

Customer service still exists.

Ron Robinson

Great to hear that you had a "no-hassle" experience! I bet you were glad to see that E-Mail!
    "Be true to your work, your word, and your friend." -Henry David Thoreau

That's great news, Ron. I've purchased quite a few items through Amazon and have had my share of "incidents" with them but, in the end, they've made good on any issue I've had! In thinking about it, a pretty darn good track record considering how big they are and even more so, when you compare some of the issues we've had with outfits substantially smaller! You're right: CS still does exist! Good for you, Ron!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Good news for you and good for amazon!

About this time last year I bought a Delta X5 unisaw from a local dealer (and authorized service center). I bought it at the WW show, and as such the mobil base was included as part of the show promotion, in addition to the other rebates and free tools that Delta was offering. I bought from them because the deal they were offering was better than Amazon/Tool Crib, and I was trying to support my local shop too. However, it took me 3 months to get the mobil base, which included many calls to the local dealer, and ultimately dealing with Delta directly. The local shop did nothing to help in the matter and insisted that Delta was giving them the run around, which of course they passed directly along to the customer, ummm the run-around that is. Ultimately Delta mde good on the mobil base and extension, and about 4 days later so did the local company.
    I deduced through this process that the local shop were idiots, and they really had the bases all along. It turns out that Delta changed the packaging to include the extension in the same box. So when I called and was told they "only had the extensions and were waiting on the bases", they never looked at the boxes close enough to see that they really had both. I will definately think twice about purchasing from the local dealer again.

BTW, I did end up with two mobil bases and extensions.

me too

I purchased the same band saw and had the same results, mobile base not being shipped. However, the saw I received also had a minor cosmetic blemish (about the size of a pencil eraser) from the box rubbing the paint, I indicated this in my email to them and asked if they had paint. I promptly received a response offering me an additional 20% off along with shipping of the base. It is good to see Amazon stand behind their CS.

Glad to hear it Ron. I have always had good luck with Amazon.com. The few problems that I have had, they took care of right away. Bill