Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: so john hart.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    Trust me, I understand John's situation as we have the same thing with dogs and cats right now. Nyet!! Not with the birds who already live here. Maybe a dog "someday" when (insert children's names here) are old enough to actually care for it. Their other suggestion was an elephant, but that wouldn't be so practical in similar, but "inflated" ways in the "clean-up" department!

I'm sure we'll get the horse pressure someday...it's big in this area.
    So is the flu but you don't really want that wished on you either, do you.

Seen to many septic drainfields messed up with horses running around on em. Around here if you've got 3 acres you've got to have a horse, or so everyone seems to think. More horses in this area per acre than Texas, so I'm told.

Jim
    Making new friends on SMC each and every day

2. Quote Originally Posted by Frank Chaffee
    John,
    P.P.S John, wouldn’t you like to see Stu’s lathe on his roof?
    Well the neighbours may not like the "Shower" of chips every time the wind blows

My original idea was to put the shop on the roof, but we would get hit (substantially) with more property taxes (they check to see if you built stuff on your rooftop with digital pics that compare last years pics to this years pics, a guy down the street got NAILED a while back, big fine, back taxes etc....) In the Dungeon, know one knows I'm there....

Cheers!

Uh! Stu............we know...............others may be tracking this site after recent aerial weaponry comments and deliveries were made here.........
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
    Well the neighbours may not like the "Shower" of chips every time the wind blows
    Maybe you could try one of those Shower Curtain Rigs that Dave Wimmer just posted.

Now about this goose/gander thing.....not a bad idea

Duncan needs something to play with
    duncan.jpg
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

5. Dunno about the dog playing with the geese, them geese can be MEAN SOBs, and if they hit you with that bill, man it can hurt... Dogs "Play" Geese don't....

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
    a guy down the street got NAILED a while back, big fine, back taxes etc....) In the Dungeon, know one knows I'm there....
    Cheers!
    [/SIZE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald
    Uh! Stu............we know...............others may be tracking this site after recent aerial weaponry comments and deliveries were made here.........
    I hear ya guys, something about this real name site and the ubiquitous non-prescience of sat sight these days does combine to make “hunkering down” advisable.
    Frank

here`s one that ain`t hunkerin`.......02 tod

arbhorse.jpg
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

Wow...Now there's a beautiful animal! Looks great on YOUR property Tod!
    ~john

it`s not mine john, just pulled it off google. but i`d love to own an arab that pretty! maybe some day if i ever get rich and famous.....02 tod
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

Ahh. I grew up with Arabians and Quarter Horses. We had an Arabian that was a gorgeous chestnut. (My mom's horse) I respect their power and love their beauty......But I don't want any
    ~john

I started working with horses before I was a teenager. Always wanted some of my own. By the time I could afford them, didn't want them any longer. I thought I always wanted a pure bred Morgan. That's what the US Calvary used. Well, after going to a number of horse sales specializing in morgans....I said NO to morgans. Talking with a number of professional trainers, they advised buying a cross-bred horse that was coming off a working ranch. It would be trained to work and will have been worked. Made sense, since the best we used when elk hunting were, in fact, former ranch/cattle horses.

Ah.....but now, we have John talking fondly of former horse days......"Please Dad?.......I want a a horse.......Please Dad?".......seems somebody warned me about a slippery slope?

Your correct Tod.....it's payback!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

every girl neeeeeeeeeeeds a horse. .02 tod

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald
    Ah.....but now, we have John talking fondly of former horse days......"Please Dad?.......I want a a horse.......Please Dad?".......seems somebody warned me about a slippery slope?

Your correct Tod.....it's payback!
    Try as you might....but there is a profound difference my friends....That particular slippery slope is one that I clawed and scratched to get out of....I ain't going back. My fond memories are that of small moments in time....A mare giving birth to a foal....Four gracefull animals galloping in unison near sunset....a gentle "thank you" for a carrot.

The rest of it was hell....pure hell. I can see the stuff I like at someone else's house...they can have the headaches!

And as far as my girls neeeeeeeeding a horse.....Well....they have never lived in the country....we'll see how they adapt. That's gonna take a few years. For now...they aren't cut out for it.....And Daddy sure ain't gonna take care of them!
    ~john

FLASH! Dateline Clevetown: Rooters 020406 0905 GMT:

I think that boy is trying to pull a fast one on us. This just came over the wire.

knight.jpg
    Only the Blue Roads

Is that a box of gold? Or a box of blanks? I really like the blonde mullet too
    Making new friends on SMC each and every day