Thread: AiR Compressors

AiR Compressors

Can anyone tell me about a Kellog air compressor. I am starting to gather the things to start shooting stains and finishes and stop doing so much brushing. It's a 2 stage with a 100 gal tank two stage with a 1750 rpm motor 220 vlts. its an older model and if need be i could rebuild the motor but it runs real sweet. $500 for it and 100 ft of airhose

jump on it! ..02 tod
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

They were a middle of the road American made unit that at one time was manufactured here in New Hampshire. Should give good service and I would think that a good compressor shop could get parts if need be.

CPeter

the bad news is the auction ended befor i could get to it the good news is no one bid on it so i sent the guy an email, he lives about 50 miles from me luckly, and he sent his cell number. I got to chat a few minets with hme and since he got no offers on the compressor he told me he migh be willing to drop the price if i wanted it. I'll be going tues to look and more that likely pick it up.....thanks tod

I don't know the brand, but if Tod likes it, it is probably good.

But if this is your first air compressor, do you really want one that big? I wouldn't want to give up the space for a 100 gallon tank, nor would I want to spend the time/electricity to pump up a 100 gallon tank if I just needed to shoot a few brads.

If your primary use is getting into spraying, I would consider a true HVLP system, rather than a conversion gun, and then get a very small compressor for occasional air nailer use.

I have a 5.1 SCFM compressor on a 13 gallon tank, and it easily supports my spraying with a conversion gun. I have a small $100 compressor that I use for installations (I keep it out of the shop so it stays clean) that supports my nail guns. I avoid using air to clean things because I don't want to breathe what I am cleaning off.

It won't be used or a dedicated compressor for just wood working....I do my own car or truck repairs so I also have air wrenches. I live out in the boonies here lol, so a flat tire or tires on the mowers and blowing off the grass......it will get a work out. I like to keep a truck that I can work on and not have to spend 3-maybe 500 for a silly little computer related chip that only cost 30 maybe 40 dollars and the rest in shop labor I will however be useing a HVLP conversion gun I like the wagner with a remote pot....gets good reviews and i have talked to a few other ww that have it and are very happy with it.

As far a "pumping it up" goes, I leave mine charges all the time. I shut it off at the tank and shut the power off to it. It will stay charged for a month or more that way. It is nice having the air when you need it and for a small job, I just open the valve, don't even turn on the power. Get the biggest you can afford and it still won't be enough after you find all the neat things you can d with it.

CPeter