Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TurboCAD 2d/3d version 9.2 and higher...

Jimmy is on the money with his post. AutoDesk comes close to this capability with Mechanical 2D. You draw in one elevation, and the software tries to think in 3D to give you info to start creating the other elevations. However, it does not create an actual 3D model that you can spin around and render. Also, this software is best used for mechanical models, and not for architectural use.

Also, high end 3D software, like Pro-Engineer, first builds a 3D model. Then, it can show the model in standard 2d views for fabrication drawings. But not the other way around. All these softwares are extremely expensive for the home hobbyist. For example, with the cost of Pro-E, you can nicely outfit a home workshop!
    -Jeff

ecabinet

I am a rookie to CAD software but not to s/w in general. ecabinet seems to be a powerful program but the learning curve is steep and far from intuitive. If you work with standard cabinets you can wade through it. I have had no luck doing things such as custom off sets, niches or custom inserts.

Jimmy, I hated to hear that. I had hoped that someone had designed a program that would do 3D off the three view drawings.

I would think that using a common reference point in all three views and then calculating the distance on the three axis similar to what you do when drawing the 3D mechanically would work. It would require some memory and coding of hidden features.

I wish I was proficient programmer, I would like to try make such a program.

I saw a deal somewhere where you can get TC 11 and a couple training CDs for $99. I'm thinking about getting it because of the CBTs. I don't seem to have the patience to sit and teach myself with shoptime calling to me.

'Course, I'm on the road this week, so that would have been a great opportunity to get some time in - if I had the time...
    Where did I put that tape measure...