Thread: New routing Projects

New routing Projects

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">New routing projects

For a number of years i have been experimenting with the use of the Template guides with the Router So I thought I would share with you some of the projects completed over the past year
    Tom
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great looking work Tom! I really like the table and the serving tray. How easy is it to use those template guides? I've seen them in magazines, but always wondered how difficult they would be to use. That serving tray would make a wonderful gift item to give family and friends! Thanks for sharing your project pics, your pieces are beautiful.
    "Be true to your work, your word, and your friend." -Henry David Thoreau

Hi Tom,

I know of you from the router forum and your work is always spectacular as is shown in these pictures.

Great job and thanks for sharing these here.

Beautiful work, Tom! Thanks for sharing.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Excellent work!

Looks like you have template cutting down to a science! Nice work.
    If sawdust were gold, I'd be rich!

Byron Trantham
    Fredericksburg, VA
    WUD WKR1

Stunning work Tom! A nice wide variety of template routing uses!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"></TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Pritchard
    Great looking work Tom! I really like the table and the serving tray. How easy is it to use those template guides? I've seen them in magazines, but always wondered how difficult they would be to use. That serving tray would make a wonderful gift item to give family and friends! Thanks for sharing your project pics, your pieces are beautiful.
    Once you understand the procedures of using the guides then it is quite easy to do.
    For the posted articles I made the templates then they were constructed by people who have vision impairment or in some instances totally blind.
    Tom

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"></TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

Quote Originally Posted by Byron Trantham
    Looks like you have template cutting down to a science! Nice work.
    I have spent the last twenty years working on them so I suppose I do have them mastered.

I am still convinced that if you are not using the router withe template guides you are not using it to it's full potential.

You may have some questions you would like to ask please fire away though as from today I will be on the other side of Australia visiting family for the next three weeks. You may like to keep your questions until I return.

The pics are only a 'Tip of the iceberg' so to say as to what is capable with the use of the guides.

Hear from you when I get back
    Tom

WOW!! Very nice work. Thanks for posting.

Corey

Those are great Tom! Have you documented the process in an article or two? hint hint

Pete
    "Last year we couldn't win at home. This year we can't win on the road.
    My failure as a coach is that I can't think of any other place to play."
    - Harry Neale, Vancouver Canucks