Thread: Baseball Is Here

Baseball Is Here

Yes, our local college team (1AA) kicked off their season last night winning the game 4-3 with 3 runs in the last of the ninth. Nicholls State beat the University of New Orleans. UNO generally has a pretty good team playing in a conference a step ahead of Nicholls; so this was a fun win. I hope my Red Sox do as well - Nah not a chance. And I can't wait another 84 years.
    18th century nut --- Carl

Carl,

Ye of little faith! Our beloved Red Sox (whoever they might be this year) will give us another thrill. Especialy if Roger comes back.

Lou
    Procrastination.......

Maybe I'll think about that tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Eyman
    I hope my Red Sox do as well
    Hey guys...can you tell where this picture was taken??
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Clabo
    Hey guys...can you tell where this picture was taken??
    Green Monster? I can't wait until opening day. Being a braves fan, the first of the season is usually better than the very end of the season. I guess we just run out of steam come playoff time.
    Keel McDonald ><>

Baseball Is Here

Normally we look forward to baseball season, and the day the individual tickets go on sale. After last year and the lack of sigificant off-season moves, I think we'll be spending a lot less on Mariner tickets this year.
    Funny how we still got 3 million fans for a last place team here, but after two years of it I'm expecting that to drop dramatically. We'll enjoy plenty of games on TV though, we always have the cable "extra innings" plan.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

I understand Theo Epstein is back in the RedSox front office...Interesting
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Olexa
    I understand Theo Epstein is back in the RedSox front office...Interesting
    Jerry,

Did he ever leave? I hear a rumor that Damon is hiding out in Manny's office under the green monster.

Lou
    Procrastination.......

Maybe I'll think about that tomorrow

I'm excited about baseball season this year. Mostly its because I've got a son now to bring. Sure he'll only be 3 months old on opening day but you're never too young to start appreciating baseball!

Sadly, Sox tickets are just out of our financial league, not to mention incredibly difficult to get. We went to two games last year. 8 tickets total and $600. Yowsa. This year we'll be sticking with the Paw Sox (AAA) where you can still get tickets and food for two and still be under $30. The Worcester Tornadoes (Independent) just opened last year too and they're even closer. Its not the majors but its baseball and I don't have to take out a loan to go.
    That which does not kill me will probably still leave a mark.

www.tomandjaime.com/wood_blog

Yup, the local junior college is about ready to start up. We will see who all ends up making the trip to Omaha this June .

Corey

Roger is going to the Arlington Rangers....and my feelings are still, ".....who cares...??" It will probably take the Rangers 84 years just to win a league championship!!