Thread: Minor Gloat

Minor Gloat

Wandering around the Depot today...........found that they had a couple of new Makita 12V Drills on the closeout table. SWMBO was in a generous mood, mostly because I finally finished the little box she has been patiently waiting on. Drill, charger, case and 2 batteries......and a free pair of Makita work gloves...........which are VERY nice. Gloves are kind of like the mechanic's gloves you see the NASCAR pit crews wear. Drill was marked down from $160.00 to $89.00........so she let it follow us home. Also, I got a rare deal on Ebay that arrived this week. Freud D1244X, 12" Miter Saw Blade for $20.20, brand spanking new, delivered. Thin Kerf, Teflon Coated blade that cuts like a breeze. I am not real big on thin kerf blades, but for the money, I couldn't pass it up. All in all, a good weekend so far...........new toys and a happy Wife............does it get any better than that? (Oh, SWMBO just reminded me that the Makita Drill also came with a $20.00 rebate coupon that we mail in........so the deal just got better! Funny how the ladies remember stuff like that, isn't it? )

Great buys, Kevin! Seems like our local HD either, holds out for top $$ for the production life of the tool, I'm *always* there at the wrong time or their employees clean up on the real good deals before it ever hits the floor. I did recently score a real nice price on the Fein Mini-Turbo Vac, but that was via an eBay bid for one of the Penn State Ind. closeout units. $123.00 with S/H for a brand-new unit w/all the standard accessories. No, not dirt cheap, but the best price I had seen anywhere and oh, what a nice little unit!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

I scored a PC333 not long ago for $29.95. It was brand new, but missing the pad...which was easily sourced for not a lot of money! It does pay to cruise by the "closeout table" even though most of the stuff is usually dreck...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Congrats (+ mini gloat)!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Gersty
    ...found that they had a couple of new Makita 12V Drills on the closeout table. ... Drill was marked down from $160.00 to $89.00...(Oh, SWMBO just reminded me that the Makita Drill also came with a $20.00 rebate coupon that we mail in........so the deal just got better! ...
    Kevin,
    You got a GREAT deal on that MForce drill/driver!! I was at the Depot a few weeks ago and saw that the shelf price was lowered from 169.00 to 159.00. I factored in the $20 rebate and figured that a Makita for $140 was a good deal. I was building a large mobile lumber cart (featured in Wood Oct 2002) and found that the Makita kept up with most of the 2 1/2" & 3" deck screws I was using. When the battery ran out, I switched and finished the project with the spare. Good grip, great power, and a joy to use.

Cheers,
    Bob
    P.S. I just wish I had been able to get the "closeout" price.
    However, I did use up some gift cards I had been carrying around since Christmas, so my out-of-pocket beats Kevin's deal.
    pen-turner and aspiring cabinet-maker