Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hitachi M12 Sale

No M12V

Thanks for all the replies. After your feedback I decided that the M12 is too big for handheld and I will watch for some thing a little smaller. I kinda like the Porter cables anyway. Thats what i have in my table and it has performed just fine. Thanks again. Your opinions are truly valuable to me. Mark

If you want a nice feeling handheld, I would highly reccomend the 2 1/4 HP DW 618. It is a great handling little router. I tried several and I thought this ones feel was really nice.

Corey

I already spent too much on this Amazon bonanza including the M12V but yesterday they had the Router Raizer for $54 or $55 and got that too (it's usually $60-$80).

Just wondering - I'm not familiar with the M12V but with the Raizer will I still need to lock/unlock the height from under the table?

4. You can rig it up so that you don't have to.....

Setting up the Hitachi M12V for the router table

I followed this step by step, and it works like a charm!

Remote Lock

and this is specifically what you are asking about.

Cheers!

dewalt router

Thanks for dewalt suggestion Corey. Gotta a tool show to go to in 2 wks and I'll have to check it out. Mark

I have the DW618 and it is a good handheld with the addition of a Pat Warner style base. If you really want a great fixed base router to go along with it take a look at the Milwaukee 5615, 5616 and the 5619.
    Last edited by Allen Bookout; 02-13-2006 at 9:45 AM.

thanks for the heads up. Just picked one up. Have been looking for a reason to build a new router table and it looks like you just gave it to me. $130 is about 40% the cost of the comparable PC, and it sounds like it is truely comparable.

thanks again.
    Jason Morgan

Amazon's site shows two different M12V routers. THey look a little different and one is a lot more expensive. Is that a newer version, and have they phased the old M12V out?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Blaustein
    Amazon's site shows two different M12V routers. THey look a little different and one is a lot more expensive. Is that a newer version, and have they phased the old M12V out?
    I think there is only one model....sometimes they have it list twice...same thing with the Bosch 3x21 belt sander I just ordered.
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Goetzke
    I already spent too much on this Amazon bonanza including the M12V but yesterday they had the Router Raizer for $54 or $55 and got that too (it's usually $60-$80).
    You had to do that, didn't ya? Two useful tools, at steep discounts to boot--how could I resist? Guess I now have a nice router for my table and can liberate my smaller router for handheld work.