Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to the forum

New to the forum

Hi! Just thought I'd say I'm new here and pretty much to woodworking. I'd did some stuff when I was a lot younger, inherited a few tools from my Dad recently...and have purchased a few recently. The newest addition is a Craftsman Pro 20 tilt base Scroll saw with stand. It was in the discount corner at my local store and I walked out with it for $69.97 plus tax new in the box! They had quite a mark down on it.... I hope to make some stuff with it in the near future and am studying what others have done on various "scrolling" sites! LOL

I got my invitation to visit here from Steve Ash. We are both members of a tractor forum. I have seen some of his woodwork, and it got me interested in getting back into woodworking. I hope to learn from all of you and contribute when I can.

Greg

Welcome to the Creek Greg. There are a lot of fine folks here so make yourself to home.
    Dick

No Pain-No Gain- Not!
    No Pain-Good

3. Welcome Greg, anyone Steve recomends here is just fine by me.

We like pictures !!

Welcome to SMC Greg. Great place to share and learn.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Welcome to the Creek, Greg. We promise to not hold your acquaintance with Steve against you. We've got a good bunch of folks here, and there are some scrollers here who should be able to share some tips and tricks.

- Vaughn

Welcome to the Creek Greg. Your not the guy who wanted half a beer are ya?? If not ask Steve about it.

Jim
    Making new friends on SMC each and every day

!

Welcome Greg! You will find a wealth of information here as well as some of the nicest people anywhere.
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

Welcome to the creek Greg, glad you found us. You'll find the people here are extremely knowledgeable on a wide variety of subjects, except for one guy....the guy who steered you here.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your upcoming projects with your renewed interest in woodworking.

Welcome to the Creek Greg! Wade right in the water's fine!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Hello Greg and welcome!
    "The good guys wear plaid"

welcome greg!
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

Welcome, Greg! Tractors and Woodworking seem to go hand in hand or something...there are a lot of us with both kinds of tools! (In various colors, of course...)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Welcome Greg,

You're gonna find this a good place for anything involved with woodworking, and just about anything else.

John
    John Bailey
    Sawmill Creek is a member supported forum. Click here to donate.

Welcome Greg, lots of scrollers hidden amoung the ranks here.
    Just one word of warning...... careful on that scroll saw, it has been known to be addicting !!
    Tony

15. Hi Greg, Welcome to SMC. It is pretty cool that you are using your Dad's tools. I always tell my son that he will get my tools someday, and he seems to like the idea. But I remind him that he will not get them too quickly . I make tapes of us working in the shop together, so he can remember those times. I bought a Craftsman scroll saw about 10 years ago on clearance too. I just started to teach my son to use it, and he loves it. He is all the time asking me if we can go down in the shop and use the scroll saw. Again, Welcome, and enjoy your time here. Regards, Bill