Thread: An Idea I came up with on a cold Winter's day

An Idea I came up with on a cold Winter's day

Maybe it is CABIN FEVER , but I came up with this idea for a sawdust storage bin for outside of the workshop in the shape of the old Unidilla(SP?) wood silos It is just on the drawing board right now. What do you think? Would something like this work for holding sawdust? Building a wood silo would be the easy part. The hard part would be to find and or custom make a silo unloader that would be scaled down in size to fit it. Like i said, it must be CABIN FEVER!!

bob, let me know your thoughts. i have a couple sections of auger that i hope to use to empty my dust bin when it fills. scheduled for installation this summer time permitting...02 tod
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

hey guys....are you gonna empty that often....Would it be safe< I mean spontanious combustion would be something to think about. I know there have been barns around here burned to the ground from hay doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg Mitchell
    hey guys....are you gonna empty that often....Would it be safe< I mean spontanious combustion would be something to think about. I know there have been barns around here burned to the ground from hay doing that.
    reg, right now i do the snow shovel trash can thing and pay to have a dumpster tipped. my intentions are to use augers to transport the waste to the dumpster. i have no intentoin of stockpiling sawdust, bobs statement about "unloaders" is what piqued my interest. on a busy week i`ll have a 3yrd dumpster tipped every day, that`s about 20-25 trashcans per day! so i`m really interested in this concept....02 tod
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.