Thread: Planer Storage

Planer Storage

Finally got around to something I've been meaning to do for a long time, building a stand for my planer. I wanted to be able to store the planer and stand under the lathe when not in use but still wanted it at a reasonable height when using it. So, I built a roll around stand with a flip lid.

Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Nice! I may add that to my "some day" list.

Looks good Bob! How do you lock it upright?
    Todd.

Nice job!

Wow! Is this timely or what? I guess you roll this under a shelf when not in use?

I was just thinking of building one of these. It's one of those projects that is on my "to do" list. I have to consolidate my planer and sanding station so that I can finally have the space to mount my Cyclone on the wall.

I'm designing my own flip top planer/sander stand right now. WOOD magazine had plans for one. But I really want to design my own with some more thought towards space savings. I also want to build a set of collapsible outfeed and infeed tables for the planer.

Again, great job!

See ya,
    Dominic
    Dominic Greco

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Burch
    Looks good Bob! How do you lock it upright?
    Todd.
    Todd,

The top has stop blocks under it on one side and I use a couple of 3/8" bolts on the other side as pins. I have just slightly more weight on the blocked side so I don't have to strain to get the pins in. Can't say that I planned it that way, but luck smiled on me today.

Bob

Bob:

A while back, I had drawn up some plans to do something about like that and was in the garage--actually the garage is full of tools and junque, the shop build is still in progress----yesterday I thought of that project and wish I had built that a year ago.

Anyway

What i was going to do was install a portable table saw on one side of the turn table and the miter saw on the other so both tools would take the floor space of one.

If I was still installing cabinets, I would have made one that would set on some short saw horses or make some folding legs for it. There has been a few time that an offeed table would be needed, but most of the time a cut of 36 in lenth or less was needed on the job.

KEN
    RUSTYNAIL