Thread: Clearvue owners feedback?

Clearvue owners feedback?

Hey, all. I am currently in the market for a cyclone dust collector and am leaning pretty heavily towards the Clearvue. I haven't seen any professional reviews, and the searches I've conducted haven't provided much feedback, either. If you own a Clearvue cyclone, could you give me some sense of how you like it, what you like best, and/or what you might change if you could? Thanks in advance.

Darl......1st Welcome to the Creek! Neat place to exchange information.

2nd if you do a search with "Clearvue cyclone" as the search words you'll find a load of information about the clearvue in our old threads.

3rd try this thread http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...earvue+cyclone

Again.....Welcome to the Creek!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

darl, welcome! the clearvue is to small for my use but i have checked them out and for a small shop i think they`re one of the best...02 tod
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

I love my ClearVue. I ran 6" duct to my machines and reduce to 4" if needed at the machine. I get NO chips missed when running my 20" planer. I have gotten no detected dust into my filter stack after filling a 55 gallon drum several times. I also cut a lot of MDF with a CNC router so there was a LOT of fine dust. I installed a X10 module and made turning on the cyclone from each of my machines easy. I am happy to answer any questions or take pictures of my setup if that would help.

Give Ed M. at ClearVue a call, he is great fella to talk to and full of information.

Ed

Darl, welcome to the creek. I have a Clear Vue, but I've just started the piping, and haven't hooked up electrical to the building yet, but I'm close.
    You might also try the Clear Vue forum. There is a link to it on the Clear Vue site. Some good information there from people with the units. If you decide to go this route, I have a list of items I found were helpful when mounting mine. It is on one of the Clear Vue posts, or send me a private message and I can send it to you. Good to have you at with us here at the Creek! Jim
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

David Less Guest

Clearvue

I've just got mine running about a week ago, although it is much different than the stock unit I am very happy with it. I have low ceilings so I had to mount the blower on the side. The design is based on the efforts of Bill Pentz. His design utilizes a smaller diameter cone using a 5 hp motor. I think his design is based on the fact that it maintains a higher cyclone inside velocity to produce better dust to chip separation. Give Ed a call at Clearvue, he is very knowledgable about the pros and cons of most cyclones. Also log onto their web sight and look under PHOTOS.

Good Luck,
    David