Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What'd you make for your Valentine?

I gave my wife a gift certificate to her favorite quilt supply store...she is thrilled!

As somebody else did, I cooked dinner at home. Normally, I would have headed out to the shop when I got home, but tonight I stopped by a local butcher, purchased some veal, and had a hot meal of veal picatta (spelling?) fettucini alfredo and a bottle of her favorite chardonnay waiting for her when she walked through the door. I also stopped by the florist on the way home and had some flowers on the counter for her to appreciate while I got things ready.

She does more for me than I could mention. The least I could for her was make her evening a little less hectic by taking over the kitchen and treating her to her much-loved candle-light dinner.

Where would we be without our better halves? I, for one, would not be half the man I am.

Mike

Rob Zombie jk....I sent my girlfriend to a day at the spa....
    she sent me a picture of a hvlp spray gun and the go ahead to order it

These days we save our money for other things, namely the kids etc. However, She will be the recipent of my 2nd pen turned on the lathe this weekend. The first will go into a shop drawer as a keepsake!

Art, pretty cool and quick, good thunking! Dave, that is some fine work, I expect she was very happy, maybe even took care of this year !

Corey
    Last edited by Corey Hallagan; 02-14-2006 at 11:14 PM.

got hubby a brand new bosch router..but it's also his birthday he got me a pink toolbelt for valentines and some nice pretty flowers.

Chocolate is definitely an Aphrodisiac

A wicker basket filled with chocolates, cookies, fruit a Teddy Bear and flowers. She seemed very appreciative later that evening.

A nice little pendant necklass in sterling silver - it was simple, quick, and she loves it. Bought it from a shop on our little town's main street during a lunch break yesterday (last minute, huh?). Did I mention I'm shopless right now?
    Maurice

8. Well, dh redeamed himselfe, he had a bag or 2 of goodies when he got home. first he braught in a new strainer pot thingy cause I had asked him to stop by wally world to get some sketty noodles and made me think that was all he had. Of course I was sweet about it but when I came badk in the liveing room he was trying to fit through the door with the biggest baloon I have ever saw and a stuffed duck that is literally bigger than my 4 year old, lol. And there was a set of coffee cups I had pointed out that I wanted( I have a 3 pot a day habit, lol.) a card, The best thing though, was 3 woodworking magezines, hehe. go mikey, go mikey

I have removed part of this post as it seems to have offended someone, sorry about that.
    huggs
    Val
    Last edited by valerie williams; 02-15-2006 at 11:05 AM.