Thread: Drill Press Table

Drill Press Table

As noted on another board, Grizzly has a good looking drill press table/fence/stop setup(H7827) for $29.95. The tracks, laminate and sheet goods to build a table of your own would come pretty dang close to that, from what I figure!

I ordered one - we'll see how long the backorder wait ends up being.......

Take care,

Matt

A drill press table is on my want list and was on my to-do list but I don't think I could do it for $30. Please post a review when yours arrives. Thanks

Dave Fried

Matt,

I'm also interested in it, I just went to amzon to see if they had a review and nobody there has yet. On another note they say there that the table is Back-ordered. Due in stock February 23.

I built mine from scraps...24" wide by 18" deep with routed tee-slots to hold the fence. The only "purchased" parts were two toilet bolts and two wing-nuts to fit...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

when i need an aux. table i grab a piece of scrap. 95% of the time a vice lives on the table...02 tod
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

I had intended to build a table as well - even picked up some T-track for it. I didn't, however, have any extra MDF/ply, any laminate, or a T-slot cutter so I felt like 29 bucks was a pretty good deal for me right now. You have any pictures of your table, Jim? I'd like to see it, if'n ya don't mind... Grizzly just sent me an email telling me that it'll be the week of March 3rd before the tables are in, so that could end up being the game plan in the end, IF (and I have no reason to anticipate it) Grizzly drops the ball on their backorders.

It sounds like Tod's drill press is pretty similar to my Dad's old DP - always has a vise on it, ready to drill some metal! Once (or is that "if"???) I build my dream shop with a dedicated machining area as well, then I'll move this DP (a pretty hefty 17"'er) in there and get a something a bit 'prettier' for the ww'ing side, then the 17 will probably get its vise back!

Matt,
    It looks like it could be a good find. I picked up one from MLCS on a scratch and dent sale for about the same price as Grizzly's new one! They look the same - identical - twins - clones - except for the price .
    http://mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite_...rillpress.html

Wes
    Attached Images Attached Images

I made up this quick and dirty one untill I could make a nice one. It has worked good enough that I have never taken the time to make a fancy one. It is just a left over piece of sandply and a 2 x 4 with a bolt and wing nut through it. Cost---I don't know? What does a 3/8 bolt about five inches long and a flat washer and wing nut cost? Oh and two bolts, washers and nuts to bolt it to the table.

I did drill several holes along the edge of the plywood to make adjustments to the fence.

CLICK ON PHOTO FOR LARGER IMAGE
    <!-- / message --> <!-- attachments -->
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Allen Bookout; 02-14-2006 at 8:06 PM.