Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pleasant Grizzly G0490 Surprise

Pleasant Grizzly G0490 Surprise

I sold my 6" Delta jointer this past Saturday and promptly ordered a new Grizzly G0490 the same day. I was told that the items were backordered until mid-March and that the credit card would be charged when the item shipped. This morning I was checking my credit card account online and noticed that Grizzly had already charged my account for the price of the jointer. I called Grizzly to find out if I had misunderstood their policy on charging orders or if the item had actually shipped already. To my surprise, the jointer had shipped on Monday and was already sitting at the shipping depot in Minneapolis. The estimated delivery date is today. Good thing for me that I installed the extra 220V circuit last night.

It almost seems to good to be true, especially with all of the posts that I have read about people who ordered last month and still haven't received their orders. Sorry about that guys. I hope the rest of the experience is as pleasant as it has been so far.

Paul welcome to the creek. The pics will be necessary when the jointer arrives or Tyler AKA "Pic Policeman" will be upset. You don't want that
    Making new friends on SMC each and every day

WoooooooooHoooooooooo!

And ..........Welcome to the Creek Paul!

You know of course our own Tyler Howell is the Chief of the Photo Cops and is located in Minneapolis too! You WILL post photos and do a review I hope after you've had a chance to use that new jointer! Seriously.....I'm interested in that jointer and myself and others would appreciate a review after you've had a chance to use it!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

4. Yes, please do post some pictures. Us folks on the east coast will need to look at them and dream. By the time we get ours, there will probably be a new model and the G0490 will be obsolete Hey maybe if thats the case, us folks on the east coast will get a discount for discontinued items. I wonder if there is a way to get those pics do do my face jointing Just kidding!!!!!!!!!! Good luck with your new machine.

Michael

Congratulations. Good thing they are scheduling it to be delivered today--sounds like tomorrow it would be a little more difficult to deliver with your weather forecast.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ziegler
    It almost seems to good to be true, especially with all of the posts that I have read about people who ordered last month and still haven't received their orders. Sorry about that guys. I hope the rest of the experience is as pleasant as it has been so far.
    Paul - I am glad that things worked well in your favour.
    For everyone's information - nobody is getting machines "out of line". Our computer shops for the best freight rate from the closest warehouse and it is possible yours was shipped from MO, which received them late last week. Another week or less and the East Coast should have them. Thank you for being just a little more patient.

Me too, I sold my 6" last week and placed my order Monday and called grizzly today to fud out it is already in transit from Washington. It's estimated to arrive this Friday. So hopefully it will be either Firday or Monday as I will be in Reston, VA on Tuesday and Wednesday. They had told me it would be mid-March.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

They are heading to Florida out of Springfield also. Just got this message:

<tt>The following merchandise shipped 02/14/2006 via Overnite
    Transportation from our Springfield, MO warehouse:

(1) G0490 8" JOINTER WITH PARR. BEDS
    (1) OVNLIFTGATE LIFTGATE OVERNITE TRANSPORTATION

</tt></pre>

That's great guys. I am very interested to here what everyone else thinks of their's.

Oh one more note I noticed yesterday. The pedestal switch on the unit which I got is considerable lower than the one pictured on the grizz website. No big deal, as I think the location is ideal for me, really wouldn't want it any higher. Note the differences

Website

My Unit

John,

I want to see some picture of that jointer with tons of sawdust all over it. It still looks like its in the showroom Get her dirty!!

Michael

Gee....you must have a really good rabbit's foot, Paul! There are likely to be a few jealous folks...

And welcome to SMC!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thumbs up Me Too!

Hi everyone

I got the "great email" today as well, the jointer was shipped yesterday

Yeah!

I'll keep you all posted

Jay

I already got a message from the delivery company wanting to set up a delivery time. Dang that was quick.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

I'm am one of those that are a little P.O. I placed my order on Jan 13. I haven't heard anything yet! And to boot I passed on a used DJ-20. Because they were starting to ship. So I guess you can call mine the UNPLEASANT SURPRISE.............
    Last edited by Russ Massery; 02-15-2006 at 7:03 PM.

I'd call them, I know they are releasing on a first in first out basis. I can't see why they would have shipped mine this week for any other reason as to they were shipping others in line first.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs