Thread: putting things on ebay

Thumbs up putting things on ebay

I am going to try again to post pictures.I make these things and others I was thinking of putting them on ebay . What do you think? Mike

ps I can put them together with screws so people can put them as a kit.
    The wheels are lag bolted the cover comes off. Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mike Stanton; 07-29-2003 at 12:36 AM.

What I think is, first off thats a nice little wagon you got there. Secondly, you need to consider the size of box it will take to ship. Not to mention that shipping something that big is a chore within itself. I believe the way your doing it now is the best way. Put them along the road in front of your house with a little sign. Word will get out and you'll be busy enough. If you do go the ebay way, good luck

Wink ebay

Mike,
    I have sold a lot of stuff on ebay , for several years now. The biggest thing is to make sure you charge enough for packing and shipping. Always specify the buyer must pay for all shipping charges. Then, package one and take it to the post office or UPS and see what it will cost to send it to the farthest point in the country from you. This will give you a guideline to go by. Be sure you charge enough to buy new boxes and packing materials, you will eventually run out of used ones. If you have any questions, just email or private message me. Hope this helps.
    Eddie
    Eddie in So. West Virginia BP

Wagons

Mike,

I'll bet with a little more engineering you could revamp the wagons into a kit...something a person could put together with a screwdriver. Then you could easilly ship them to your Ebay customers.

I've built a couple of wagons myself, in fact the most beautiful project I ever built was a haywagon made from walnut and ash with plenty of detail. If I live long enough I have the Conestoga wagon plans from woodenmemories.com in my file cabinet and would love to have one in my shop office. Someday I will finish my Clysdale horse and build the Conestoga wagon as well...someday!

Great Job, Mike!

Mike - there's a book you can buy on selling all kinds of things on ebay. I've read it and had pretty good success with some things we had luying around the house.
    Selling your wagons on ebay would be a cinch - they're fabulous! And yes, a REAL simple kit would work great. E-Mail me if you want the details - I've stuck it in my "Favourites" on my home computer and I'm at work now. Howard at howr@interlog.com
    Howard Rosenberg