Thread: 2nd Annual Central States Woodworking BBq update...

2nd Annual Central States Woodworking BBq update...

Hello everyone,

Here's an update on the festivities.......

The 2nd Annual Central States Woodworking BBq will be at our home/shop again this year in Springdale, AR. The dates are Sept. 5,6 and 7.

Everyone planning to attend, please email me so I can update you directly as well as compile a fairly close number of attendees so we will have plenty of food for everyone. Everyone is invited to bring something for show and tell. You can also bring something for a door prize if you wish, but this is not required. You are encouraged to bring your lawn chairs, but extra seating will be provided for those of you who are flying in or just don't have enough room in the car. We will pick you up at the airport and get you back if needed. Anyone that wants to bring an extra lathe or do any kind of demo, please let me know so I can plan for you to have time and space. Bringing food is not necessary, but I'm sure if you decide to bring something to eat, you will not have to take it back home with you.:-)

Here is the schedule of events.

Friday:

Very informal meet and greet. Get the extra lathes setup and generally just hang out. Supper will be provided. Hamburgers and hot dogs etc. Just come on by when you get into town. I'm taking off that day, so I'll be here.

Saturday:

Traditional breakfast at Susan's Resturant here in town around 6:30 or 7. The rest of the day is going to be filled with turning, demos, food and good fun. Bob Lasley is demoing the Akeda jig. David Rose is demoing the Leigh FMT jig. Dennis Peacock is demoing the Festool sanders and providing the necessary sharpening services for all while demoing his Tormek. Ken Salisbury will be helping the youngsters and anyone else interested in learning pen turning or just turning in general. More demos are certainly welcome...just let me know.

We will have various door prizes and give aways during the day. Some of the ladies, led by Cheryl, usually sneak out sometime in the afternoon for a visit to the various antique malls and such around the area.

Saturday lunch is the usual bbq'd brisket with all the trimmings. Cheryl has a special recipe for this and if you haven't tasted it, well...let's just say it is worth the trip. The gathering usually continues well into the night. We will be open for business as long as anyone wants to stay.

Sunday:

Everyone is invited to come early and stay as long as they wish. No activities are actually scheduled but we seem to have a good time anyway.

Please email me if you need any further information. I have not gotten a motel deal just yet, but I will be working on that later in the week. I will post the host motel address and phone number as soon as I get it lined up. I will be emailing maps and contact info, so please email me so I can get that to you.

Thanks,

Terry, Cheryl and the other Arkies
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Terry. I'm trying to make plans to attend. However I am in the process of getting some wheels on this thing so Salisbury can pull it back home with him. Do you know if He has a hitch on his vehicle? If not maybe someone down there has a used one we can put on for him.
    Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images

hmmmm......

Thought that was your new blower. It is obviously a machine with many uses.

You better be here. I'm counting on you.

t
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]