Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Weekend Doin's"

"Weekend Doin's"

Whoops! Sorry guys, with the snow and cold yesterday morning I was up and shoveling and plowing before 5 AM and totally spaced on the "Weekend Doin's" thread.

My weekend will include going to the house and letting the electrician in so he can maybe do some wiring. Not sure as it's -18 as I do this thread. I do need him to get my shop wiring done so I can find out if the thing in that box will work.

Other than that it's just gonna be trying to stay warm. High today may make +5.

So what's on your agenda for the weekend?

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

I had plans to go to Austin to pick up my mm16. With a 3 day weekend I was going to get it set up and play around with it. But plans change,it won't be there until Mon or Tue,and with 30 degrees for the high with ice forecast for entire weekend.It will be something of inside,Sounds like Soup or Chili time and keep out of the way at the house. Butch

Over the hills and through the snow to pick up some 8/4 cherry for a Federal style card table I am working on in the relative comfort of my basement. Maybe stop by the borg for a 25lb jug of propane for the "rocket engine" aux. heater in my basement since we are supposed to be below freezing for the next few days.

Forecast is for a beautiful day in Lake City, high 76 degrees, Sunshine and a few clouds with 20% chance of rain (intended as informational ONLY, NOT a GLOAT )

It's the annual Olustee Battle Festival in Lake City this weekend, re-enactment of the Civil War Battle in Olustee (just east of Lake City). The Union Army was stopped and turned back in this bloody battle, Lake City was one of the few areas that did not fall into northern control during the war. It's a delightful bit of history and tradition that can be enjoted by all ages. Today and the parade and festivities, tomorrow is the actual re-enactment.

BUT, my plans are to continue the house remodel project, MB closet was finished last weekend. Tasks for this weekend include:

• Paint ceiling in Master Bedroom
    • Paint MB Walls
    • remove remainder of carpet in MB
    • And, if time permits, start laminate flooring in MB

Wishing every one a great weekend, enjoy and whatever you do -- BE SAFE !!
    Last edited by Tony Falotico; 02-18-2006 at 9:18 AM.
    Tony

Got a cabinet project to start for SWMBO. As it's 5 degrees as I type this. it may slow down the project. I normally rough size sheet stock outside before I take in the shop. May wait for warmer weather.
    Making new friends on SMC each and every day

Two plans...we'll see if they actually get done.

First, the weather here in Rochester, NY is miserable. You may have saw us on the weather channel last night. When this cold front came through we had wind gusts over 75mph (77 to be exact) and the temperature dropped from 60F to 15F in about 4 hours.

I am out to buy conversion plugs for my new dust collector remote switch. Need to go from standard outlet to 220V (one prong is flat instead of vertical) styple plugs to get that running.

Also going to try to get the wood (2 sheets of 3/4" baltic birch PW) for the router table project (to wrap around the new M12V that should be here shortly) If I get all this done then I am off to get some 6" S&D pipe and fittings so that I can put in a central line for my dust collector.

We'll see what actually gets done.

Stay warm!
    Jason Morgan

in the shop all weekend working on chair arms for a company that makes RV chairs.

some one up north close that door it's too cold here +9 sucks

box of the first 500 that got delivered last week.

Mike

I plan to design and build a mockup of a PDA holder for work. The setup our guys use for diagnosing cars is a little flimsy. After only 2 months of use, the adaptor cable and port on the PDA are toast. Shop foreman wants to stabilize the unit to get rid of the flex, but still be able to remove it for charging and downloading programs to it. I thought it was going to be too cold, but after reading what Karl was going to do, I figure at 30 degrees, I can put on a coat and give it a shot!! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Another balmy -10* day in paradise. Changed a tire for a friend last night at -35* with the wind chill on the side of the road. No lasting ill effects .
    Family meeting, Still trying to get my mom settled in assisted living.

Pulling audio, visual and data cable for home theater,
    More remuttling.
    Dinner and a movie tonight.

Play nice.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Is it the weekend already?

I promised my wife that, by Monday, she would have her guest/sewing room back to herself with none of my restoration work underway. So, I need to wire a couple of additional outlets and to finally finish refinishing the cabinets that I started over a year ago. Six of the eight cabinets are done and the lst two are in the final stages.

Also, by Sunday night, I need to complete the construction the interior walls in the basement of my daughter Kathleen's house and install a door.

With all that to do, I need to get off the computer, and get to work ... Here I go ...

Hopefully, I'll get some shop time this weekend, at least on Saturday and Sunday. Monday is not a holiday for me and I'm stacked up with conference calls. This weekend I want to get a bunch of my turning stock moved "upstairs" as I have some shelving ready for it and hopefully a little spinny time, too. Also taking the girls to meet the ex, her partner and the kittys, finishing up the electrical for towing on the Highlander and a few other odd jobs. Also meeting with another architect this morning relative to our home addition project...met with the first yesterday.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Put the Jointer together last nite. Time clean up the shop then start on a new kitchen table.

Blog Entries
    Not much planned for this weekend. With it being Daytona 500 weekend, that eliminates pretty much all of Sunday for anything but watching the race with a bar room full of racing pals - prepping for it beforehand and cleaning up afterward. Today, Sat. I will be getting up in the shop to maybe try to fabricate some kind of housing for this electrical clock that came out of a schoolroom. The clock is for the shop and will be a godsend since I have long ago tired of having to change batteries in the present clock I have up there. I might even get around to going a few rounds with the scrollsaw that fellow SMC'er Andy Hoyt so kindly offered to me to find out my scrollsaw abilities before I plunge in monetarily in a bigger way. Other than that, the weekend may just consist of trying to stave off the darned cold outside by continuously stoking the fire in the woodstove.
    There's one in every crowd......and it's usually me!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Evertsen
    in the shop all weekend working on chair arms for a company that makes RV chairs.

some one up north close that door it's too cold here +9 sucks

box of the first 500 that got delivered last week.

Just curious Mike, what is it that you are doing with the arms??
    There's one in every crowd......and it's usually me!

Howdy Karl,

Fight with old man winter this weekend. Currently in the middle of a minor ice storm, light snow with freezing rain and sleet. Shop time is to build a 3' high fence out of PT Pine for a older woman (single) at work who needed a replacement fence around her A/C unit to keep the her dogs from tearing it up. Next on the agenda is to start a shelf project for my daughter for her bedroom.

The biggest task for the weekend is to stay warm.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.