Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Weekend Doin's"

May spend a little time on the linen press for my wife, but the little grandson is in the hospital with surgery pending this afternoon. I am off all weekend, just got in from work after stopping by the hospital. No holidays in EMS. Monday is workday as usual. Good news is that I don't have to go in 16 hours early for a change to cover part of a shift.
    Chris

We have some of your icy stuff over in Oklahoma too Dennis. I was planning on finishing up a table this weekend but I don't think glue behaves well in these temps. I would cost me $30 in propane to get the glue to cure! ( 2-car garage shop )
    Last edited by Richard Neel; 02-18-2006 at 3:45 PM.

After a trip to Rockler and the local hardware store (and to include some other chore-related running around), I'll be working some more on a pool cue case I have in progress, and also work out some type of adjustable brace system for the RT extension on my TS. That, and a raft of other honey-do's that are on LOML's radar this weekend. We've both got colds, but I'm in better shape than her, so I'll be trying to lessen her chore load this weekend.

- Vaughn

Working in the shop, finishing up two 4x8 bookcase, tv cabinets that inset into a wall for a customer.

Spent most of the day yesterday in the shop, playing around with some ash wood that is going to be a crib for my 1st grandson. Got the plans from Rockler for the heirloom crib, and have been working on it for a week, so far. Maybe today I will be finished with prepping all the little pieces, and start assembling.

BTW, it's a balmy +13 today, which is down from a scorching 52 yesterday morning.... they tell me that if I don't like the weather here, just wait 20 minutes.....
    It ain't quite rocket science, but sometimes it sure feels like it!

Two things since this is Sunday yesterdays project was working on my son's kitchen cabinets (posted this forum http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=31534) and this afternoon I am going to install his interior doors and put up the casing on those doors and his windows.....if not this afternoon I'll do it on Monday.

No shop time at all for me this weekend or for the forseeable future. Just got LOML home from the hospital and I will be taking care of her.
    Reporting live from somewhere near Kalamazoo

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Drake
    No shop time at all for me this weekend or for the forseeable future. Just got LOML home from the hospital and I will be taking care of her.
    Hope all is well Tom. Wishing your wife a speedy recovery.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

I am working on paperwork all weekend. I have several estimates due tonite and Monday morning and am playing catchup on old paperwork from 2005 getting ready for tax season (yuk).

It's 27* and the ice storm never hit, so I will have to venture out at some point, but for now it's work. I will also work tomorrow...no holiday for me.

Tom, check your Private Messages.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Staying warm

Cut some stub tenons and milled maple stock for drawer frames for the night table I'm building. Some glue ups today. Really cold here. Yesterday -5 degrees at one point. Too cold for salt to work on drieway ice.
    Jerry

12. I worked Saturday, as usual, and today, Sunday, I had two good buddies come over and help me lug that lumber up to the roof.

I then stacked it, well until I ran out of stickers, so I cut stickers for the stacks. Total, almost 250 of them suckers!

Big Blue sure rips through 2x4s really quick and easy

Cheers!