Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm very disappointed (A little venting)

That really does stink, but it seems to be becoming more common. A couple months back I was in the Raleigh Woodcraft looking for drawer slides and found empty (read taken out and stolen) packages of Fisch forstner bits. I was talking with one of the guys working there and he said it had gotten to be very common and they have had to put up CCTV in the place. He said they had caught a couple of people and it was people they would have never expected. Additionally, he said the carving tools is what seems to be getting stolen the most. I hate all of the stuff behind lock and key, but I can't blame the stores as they really don't have an option. It is a sad state that everything has to be watched and locked up.....

I'm sincerely sorry for your experience but, as others have stated, this is becoming more of an issue daily. What really ticks me off is, these same people are making it more expensive for all of us (including themselves) when they pull crap like that. But, like yourself, what really disappoints me is that it is another supposed woodworker! Now that stinks!!!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Porter
    I was talking with one of the guys working there and he said it had gotten to be very common and they have had to put up CCTV in the place.
    The Klingspor store in Charlotte has the same thing. I think the guy said they stole a router out of that store. How do you sneak a router out in your pants?
    Raymond Overman
    Happiness is a warm chainsaw

"Do not wait, the time will never be just right. Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command. Better tools will be found as you go along." Napolean Hill

I hear ya, last year at the KC show someone walked off with the LN #3 or #3-1/2. Some other person was caught and turned in by someone who saw them aand they had a bag completely full of stuff from one booth. I guess they feel their $9 admin. price gets them anything they want for free.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

I heard vendors complaining about this at the STL show as well. I know its naive at some level, but it does surprise me that WWers would do that. Or maybe the thieves aren't but want people to think they are?
    Where did I put that tape measure...

Sorry to hear about your loss. All I can say is they better hope I am not on their jury if they ever get caught.
    Glenn Hodges
    Nashville, Georgia

"Would you believe the only time I ever make mistakes is when someone is watching?"

yep that really vacuums Ray! Like Pat said that Karma thang will get em!!